Uphold is now the fastest-growing private company in the San Francisco Bay Area, according to the San Francisco Business Times Fast Track 100, 2022. Uphold is pursuing a mission to democratize investments and payments for people and companies worldwide. Founded in 2014, the Silicon Valley company today has more than 8 million customers in over 150 countries with an impressive 50x increase in Mobile App downloads during the first quarter of 2020. A bridge between the old and new money systems, Uphold allows people to buy, exchange and send more than 100 currencies, cryptocurrencies, precious metals and equities instantly. An engineering-led company with a social inclusion agenda, Uphold provides a stimulating and challenging home for the brightest and best coding talent.
Uphold’s unique trading experience - ‘Anything-to-Anything’ - allows customers to trade directly between any supported asset or currency in one step - physical gold to Bitcoin, for example - saving both time and money. Uphold supports financial inclusion by enabling customers virtually anywhere to open an account in less than 5 minutes and to invest with no minimum amounts. Customers can send money to virtually anyone with an email address free of charge.
To learn more, please visit https://uphold.com
If you’re a Rockstar and this sounds interesting and challenging, we want to hear from you.
Are you passionate about regulatory compliance and financial services? Do you have a strong background in onboarding clients in the Over-the-Counter (OTC) market?
Uphold is currently seeking a highly skilled and motivated Enterprise Onboarding Specialist to join our team. This is an incredibly exciting opportunity where you’ll get to contribute to the Enterprise onboarding team through the KYC process across multiple work streams within the company, liaising with senior management and other internal stakeholders, as well as occasional interactions with external clients. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced professional to contribute their expertise and join a dynamic organization.
This is a hybrid role
What you’ll be doing primarily:
- Support the second line review of the Businesses activities to manage Compliance risks, and ensure adherence to compliance controls. Oversee and guide the Business as required to manage effective compliance as part of the OTC desk onboarding process.
- Conduct thorough and detailed due diligence on OTC clients to assess their compliance with regulatory requirements, internal policies, and industry standards.
- Review client documentation, including Know Your Customer (KYC) information, legal agreements, and other relevant materials to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders, such as Legal, Risk Management, and Business Development, to obtain necessary information and approvals for client onboarding.
- Act as a SME to senior stakeholders and/or other team members related to Enterprise Due Diligence processes and compliance requirements
- Apply broad industry, operational risk, and regulatory knowledge to drive onboarding excellence
- Keep abreast of regulatory developments and industry best practices to ensure that the onboarding process aligns with the latest compliance standards.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients to facilitate smooth onboarding and address any compliance-related queries or concerns.
- Assist in the development and improvement of the compliance onboarding process to enhance efficiency and effectiveness.
- BA/BS or equivalent, advanced degree preferred
- CAMS, CFCS, or other relevant Compliance certification
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years of financial services industry regulatory compliance experience with a focus on markets or OTC derivatives compliance, preferably at a crypto, banking, trading, payments, or fintech institution
- Strong knowledge of AML/OFAC, Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act on-boarding requirements and FinCEN Customer Identification Program (CIP) Guidance
- Experience of a Compliance Function and Compliance risks and processes
- Understanding of risk-based approaches and assessments as well as control design and implementation in Risk and Compliance
- Advanced research skills and a passion for finding solutions to complex business problems with a risk-mitigation mindset
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a high-pressure environment
- Strong quality, delivery and customer service orientation
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Excellent organizational, time management and prioritization skills with a sense of urgency
- Ability to operate comfortably and independently while navigating ambiguity within a complex environment
- Experience running high visibility projects pertaining to enterprise risk, operations, and/or regulatory compliance.
- Must have a happy disposition and great attitude; be a self-starter and work well within a global, multi-cultural teamManaging production goals, both quantitatively and qualitatively, while maintaining highest compliance standards
Bonus if you have:
- Advanced degree (MBA, JD)
- Advanced data science skills
- Fluency in Spanish or Portuguese
- Prior experience working at a startup in FinTech/Crypto
- Availability for occasional work outside normal business hours
- Experience of an inter-dealer broking business is preferred
- Significant European crypto regulatory experience is a strong plus including in relation to MiCAR and virtual asset service provider licensing/registrations
Importantly, if you’re looking for a senior role with us, you will have achieved many of the things above while also providing mentorship to others, and have engaged in public speaking opportunities.
What we have to offer you:
- An amazing work environment in a company that continues to grow, driven by extraordinary and passionate people that keep up innovating and challenging more each day.
- An international team, in a cutting edge field, working on the most fascinating projects.
- Growth and career opportunities, and the chance to be proactive and creative.
- A flexible and enthusiastic work environment that offers you snacks, a lot of coffee and other great benefits.
- Open and transparent culture - we get together on a weekly basis to share updates, strategic plans, and engage with each other informally over food and drinks.
- Interesting events that keep you connected with the team and celebrate our success.
Be part of a great company that is revolutionizing financial services. Apply now!
If this job isn’t exactly what you are looking for, visit our careers page to check out all our exciting opportunities.
We're proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, gender identity, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, and any other protected classes. Difference makes us stronger and better - together.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMzUuMTc1LjEwNy4xNDIM