Join our small, fiery team on our mission to give Canadians their fair shake.
Shakepay is reimagining financial services to give every Canadian their fair shake, by making it bitcoin-friendly, secure, and rewarding. When Shakepay launched in 2015, it quickly became one of Canada’s fastest-growing financial institutions. Backed by top venture funds having raised $44M+ and trusted by over one million Canadians and counting. People who choose careers at Shakepay are helping shape a future of financial freedom, opportunity, and prosperity for all Canadians.
We’re looking for a creative and reliable Executive Assistant for the two founders (CEO & CTO) and the Shakepay team. As the executive assistant, you exercise strength in prioritizing, escalating and enabling tasks to play a vital role in ensuring business continuity for Shakepay and the executive team.
This is a temporary maternity leave coverage contract for 10 months. This individually is ideally located in Montreal, but will be able to work remotely.
- Provide executives with high level tactical support to facilitate their ability to effectively lead the organization.
- Provide personal and professional administrative leadership and support by anticipating needs and overseeing various projects and tasks.
- Provide a bridge for smooth communication and balance sensitive and complex priorities while coordinating with other colleagues and external parties.
- Develop an understanding of the team and field requests from internal and external contacts, be available and approachable.
- Previous experience supporting executive management.
- Proven ability to exercise sound judgment and take initiative in a fast paced, dynamic work environment.
- Strong time management and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with bilingual proficiency in French and English.
- Hyper attention to detail and organizational skills in getting things done.
- Strong understanding of Google Suite products (Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Drive, etc.)
- Ability to maintain professionalism and confidentiality when dealing with sensitive information and business matters.
Nice to have:
- Prior experience in a crypto company or a technology start-up.
- Be part of a groundbreaking journey: you'll live on the frontier of financial innovation. Bitcoin is rewriting the rules, and Shakepay is at the forefront.
- Impact and scale: with only 2% of Canadians on Shakepay, the potential for growth is massive. You can help us bring Shakepay and bitcoin to all Canadians.
- Rewarding benefits: we offer competitive compensation (every shaker owns stock options), benefits (health, dental, paramedical, disability, etc), and generous vacation time.
- Embrace continuous learning: ambitious individuals with an insatiable thirst for knowledge will feel at home. Working at Shakepay means you'll be working in an environment that encourages constant growth and development.
- Get paid in bitcoin: choose to take a percentage of your salary in the hardest, soundest money the world has ever known.
- Work remote: work from anywhere in Canada. If you're in Montreal or Toronto, you can also work from our offices.
We understand that potential can be just as valuable as experience. If you're eager to learn, grow, and contribute to the mission but worry that you may not have the “right” experience, we still want you to apply. We encourage applications from everyone, regardless of background and life experience. We’re firm believers that a little bit of slope makes up for a lot of y-intercept.
Fluency in English is required due to the percentage of English-speaking customers and the nature of our platform, which is available to all Canadians.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RNDQuMjAwLjc3LjkyM