The Helium Foundation serves in a stewardship capacity for the global community, helping to drive governance, education, and development.
We are looking for a Governance Manager to administer the Governance process, evolve that process, as well as drive communication and education of new proposals. This person would be the primary facilitator of Helium Improvement Proposals (HIPs) and their entire lifecycle from conception to implementation. We’re excited to talk to candidates from the following backgrounds:
- Managed or played a meaningful role in governance operations for another decentralized network
- Technical product/project manager distilling complex changes across a strong base of stakeholders
- Legislative assistant or similar role where you were instrumental in the process of bills becoming law
Our team and the network are growing quickly. If you're motivated by ‘wireless for all’ and are excited about crypto technology, Helium boasts one of the most approachable and practical uses of blockchains, including civic good, commercial efficiency, and industrial accountability. Come help us change wireless and better connect people around the world.
- Be the primary driver of the existing Helium Network governance process. You ensure a clean and clear operational flow based on set expectations with the Helium community. You remove roadblocks, resolve ambiguity, and provide frequent, clear communication throughout a proposal’s lifecycle.
- Act as steward to evolve the governance process with a thoughtful balance of efficiency, accountability, and decentralizing authority.
- Work closely with the Helium Foundation communications team to maximize the reach of published proposals, educate all affected stakeholders on proposals’ implications, and increase community participation in proposal discussion and voting.
- Support HIP authors such as edits for language, clarity, and technical accuracy.
- Work closely with the Foundation’s Community Managers to support proposal discussion and Discord management as it relates to Governance.
- Contribute to, manage, organize and potentially host Helium Community calls.
- Develop a strong comprehension of Helium tokenomics and technical capabilities/limitations.
- Extremely strong project and/or operational management. You’re adept at building and managing a process and have experience writing technical or process-based design documents. At any given moment you know the status of anything within your operational flow and have built user-friendly dashboards or flowcharts to serve a larger audience.
- You’re known for setting expectations and can manage multi-stakeholder interests. You deliver with high precision and without surprises.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills. You deliver messages clearly and concisely. You start with solutions and refine, rather than presenting problems.
- You’re a technical person and/or aren’t scared of complex designs. One of your superpowers is distilling complex concepts down to simpler, digestible explanations.
- You’ve been part of and/or comprehend a legislative system. You’re good at thinking about rules and guidelines at scale, you understand checks and balances, and you’re mindful of how you set precedent.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment. Your default is to push information to the team, rather than waiting to be asked.
- Preference for demonstrated excitement for wireless and crypto/web 3.0 innovation.
- Preference for comprehension of existing decentralized infrastructure governance models.
Any candidate who has designed, implemented, and/or overseen governance operations for a decentralized network will be given special consideration, but that shouldn’t dissuade candidates with a strong operational background. This is an exciting new discipline that draws on traditional political science, with critical thinking around decentralized network authority, security, and economics. Our priority for this hire is demonstrated operational excellence, precision, and consistency.
Expected Salary: $130,000 - $150,000
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMzQuMjI4LjUyLjIxM