Okcoin is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing cryptocurrency exchanges. We help millions of people buy and sell bitcoin, and over 30 other crypto assets every day — but our work is a whole lot more than that. We’re building an inclusive future of finance, one that opens new opportunities to learn financial literacy, store value, and build wealth for everyone.
Ready to help the next billion people experience the future of finance with us? Come on board. We have offices in San Jose, Austin, Malta, Singapore, Hong Kong, Dublin, and Japan.
We are currently seeking a qualified individual to fill the position of Head of Group Enterprise Risk Management (ERM). The primary responsibility is to establish and expand a robust global risk management initiative. We are specifically seeking a leader with extensive expertise in risk management, technology, and the digital asset ecosystem. The selected candidate will take charge of the Group ERM function at OKX, collaborating with teams in Compliance, Legal, Finance, Risk, Internal Audit, Product, Engineering, and Sales and Marketing. This role involves spearheading substantial changes to benefit customers worldwide, addressing complex business challenges, and developing innovative programs. Reporting to OKX's Group Chief Risk Officer, the successful candidate will play a crucial role in the Risk leadership team.
- Collaborate with Chief Risk Officer to establish and supervise global enterprise risk function at OKX
- Instill a robust enterprise risk management culture company-wide
- Shape enterprise risk management framework, policies, and processes to meet regulatory standards and align with business needs
- Analyze enterprise risk data to identify insights, trends, and emerging risks
- Monitor and assess risks and business activities regularly, aligning with defined risk appetites and overall risk exposure
- Implement clear reporting procedures and train all lines of defense on escalation protocols
- Monitor effectiveness of risk management systems, including escalation and reporting processes
- Develop and advise on risk appetite statements, exposure limits, and execution of overall enterprise risk strategies
- Prepare mitigation or remediation plans for risks outside prescribed risk appetites
- Enhance risk management under the Enterprise Risk Management framework in collaboration with business units, marketing, information technology, compliance, and legal owners.
- 15+ years of leadership experience in risk management, ideally with crypto and fintech background
- Experience developing risk management programs at scale and across multiple global legal entities
- Experience preparing reporting for management risk committees and board of directors and senior leadership and working with auditors, partners and regulators
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to present complex information in a simple and clear manner
- Experience managing projects and scaling processes with company growth
- Ability to collaborate across all levels of the organization
Highlights of Perks and Benefits:
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Comprehensive insurance package including medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance (Company pays 100% for employee/80% for dependents)
- 401K with company contribution
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Referral Bonus Program paid in BTC
- Company Donation Match
- More surprises when you join!
The salary range for this position is $198,000 - $254,000. The salary offered depends on a variety of factors, including job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and market location. In addition to the salary, a performance bonus and long-term incentives may be provided as part of the compensation package, as well as a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Applicants should apply via Okcoin and OKX internal or external careers site.
Okcoin is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, and non-job related physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
This job is closed
Compensation: $198k - $254k
Location: CA San Jose, California, United States
This job is closed
Benefits: 401k, Dental Insurance, Medical Insurance
Receive similar jobs:
Cover Letter / AI Interview⬇