About Volt Capital
Volt Capital is a San Francisco-based crypto-native venture capital firm focused on founders who are reimagining finance, gaming, computing, and culture. Since its launch in 2021 by Managing Partner Soona Amhaz, Volt Capital has made 35+ investments in early-stage crypto businesses like Nansen, Magic Eden, Magic, and Coinshift.
Volt’s mission and vision is backed by the best in the industry, including crypto and tech visionaries like Chris Dixon, Marc Andreessen, Elad Gil, BH Digital, Meltem Demirors, and Balaji Srinivasan.
Volt Capital is looking for a Principal Investor to join our lean and steadily growing team. Our next teammate will be working closely with Volt Capital’s core team on sourcing, analyzing, and evaluating next investment opportunities as well as formalizing our place as the premier partner to crypto founders and their companies.
This role can be based in San Francisco, CA or New York, NY.
- Source, evaluate, and back high quality early-stage investment opportunities
- Conduct financial, technical, and team due diligence on and follow-on investments
- Develop a deep understanding and thesis on how products, companies, and protocols fit into broader crypto market trends
- Collaborate with the GP and Venture Partners to structure financing rounds
- Build ecosystem relationships with early stage investors and relevant executives
- Create exceptional first impressions by being high EQ, possessing deep domain expertise, and operating with integrity
- Manage communications with internal and external stakeholders, ensuring timelines and expectations are met
- Partner with existing portfolio companies, supporting them w/ recruiting, M&A, growth, and product feedback
- Develop deep relationships with founders and Volt’s core team, operating as a strategic partner to all
- Oversee our investment processes, compounding our overall team effectiveness
- Exhibit conviction around investment opportunities and share research supporting your thinking
- Help build, mentor, support, and scale Volt Capital’s world-class investing team
- Sit on boards of select portfolio companies
- Willingness to travel as necessary
- 3+ years experience in early-stage investing
- At least 3 years of experience in crypto
- Strong understanding of venture capital and crypto deal terms
- A passion for and knowledge of cryptocurrencies and blockchains
- An understanding and curiosity of crypto’s technical depths with regards to decentralized and distributed systems
- Exceptional relationship building skills, with a growing personal crypto network
- Strong written, communication, and public speaking skills
- A proven ability to develop theses on emerging crypto market verticals
- A commitment to exhibiting and championing Volt’s core values
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMzQuMjI5LjYzLjI4M