Kava Labs is a Layer 1 Blockchain company with a 100% distributed workforce with teams in the US, Asia-Pacific, and Europe. While distributed, you will work alongside a team of world class crypto experts on an open-source project that transfers millions of dollars in assets daily, providing the financial primitives for the next evolution in crypto.
Kava Labs is hiring for a Junior Accountant, who will be responsible for supporting multiple processes including but not limited to the month-end close process, account reconciliations, accounts payables and journal entries. This is a US based, full-time, remote position.
What You Will Do.
- Month-end close process: Perform General Ledger account reconciliations. Record journal entries. Review and reconcile accounts: bank statements, accounts payable, prepaid schedules and accruals
- Manage Accounts Payable: Create new vendors in Kava’s ERP system (Netsuite) and manage vendor files. Verify compliance documents for vendors (W-9s, W-8-bens, etc.). Prepare and file 1099 forms annually.
- Process Accounts Payable payments: Codify and classify invoices. Validate invoice payment approvals following Kava’s internal approval process. Review credit card receipts through Brex, and log entries into Netsuite
- Bachelors in Accounting or Finance
- 2+ Years accounting experience
- 2+ Years of bank reconciliations experience
- 1+ Year experience working with financial ERP systems (Netsuite, Quickbooks, etc)
- 1+ Year of AP coding experience
- Proficient in MS Excel or Google Sheets
- Experience with Brex, Expensify
- Start-up experience
- AP Experience with multi-currencies
- You have an interest in blockchain, crypto, and decentralized technologies
- Recruiter: 30 minutes
- Head of People: 30 minutes
- Hiring Manager | Technical assessment: 30 minutes
- Panel: 30 minutes
- Recruiter Debrief: 15 minutes
- Subject to change
- A fully remote work environment with an international and diverse team
- Competitive salary; including stipends for home office set-up, wellness, internet and cell phone
- 100% coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, STD and Basic Life insurance for employees
- 401(k) matching
- Unlimited PTO and Holidays
- A fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- Benefits, perks and policies are subject to change and eligibility may vary based on location
Kava Labs is focused on democratizing financial services and making them openly accessible to anyone, anywhere in the world. We started out by building the Kava blockchain, a foundational platform designed to provide the most safe, secure, and reliable experience for accessing Decentralized Financial (DeFi) apps and services. Today that platform manages over $1B in assets on behalf of users and is growing rapidly.
We are a remote-first, globally distributed team that values first principle thinking, experimentation, and learning to ensure long-term success. We are not dogmatic in our approach, but we are relentless in our pursuit to create impactful technology for the future.
We have a diverse set of backgrounds, skills, and cultures but we’re all united in our passion for building new open financial infrastructure — together so that our efforts will make a real impact and create lasting change in the world.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Kava is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. and celebrates the diversity of its growing team.
Recruitment agencies and consultants may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Kava Labs does not accept unsolicited agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Kava Labs.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMy4yMzkuMi4xOTIM