At Ripple, we’re building a world where value moves like information does today. It’s big, it’s bold, and we’re already doing it. Through our crypto solutions for financial institutions, businesses, governments and developers, we are improving the global financial system and creating greater economic fairness and opportunity for more people, in more places around the world. And we get to do the best work of our career and grow our skills surrounded by colleagues who have our backs.
If you’re ready to see your impact and unlock incredible career growth opportunities, join us, and build real world value.
Ripple is hiring a Middle Office, Senior Manager to support the expansion and scale of Ripple’s Finance organization. This role reports to the Director, Middle Office. In this role you will work closely with key internal team members, including Front Office, Markets, Risk, and Legal teams. You will be responsible for coordinating all aspects of operational support for the business including. This individual will own building processes, systems setup, development of settlement instructions, and ongoing management for transactions while ensuring that our risk management framework, policies and procedures are met.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Lead role in formulating the strategy and roadmap for the Middle Office in support of Ripple trading initiatives
- Responsible for outlining key performance metrics to drive efficient matching of orders, monitoring of intraday activities, balances, positions and exception handling
- Understand risks and requirements for various types of collateral, including cryptocurrencies, to resolve appropriate haircuts and leverage ratios
- Create and establish a client services process to handle communications including customer inquiries, escalations, and settlement arrangements
- Develop systems to process bookkeeping entries to reflect product and operational activities within Ripple’s systems of record
- Become an expert in the existing finance operational flows by working with key collaborators to document and improve existing processes
- Perform operational analysis of new or proposed initiatives to support implementation of appropriate procedures for effective day-to-day management
- Implement off-the-shelf solutions, including leading and participating in QA / UAT for new/changed functionality
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- 10+ years of hands-on operations, custody, clearing and settlement experience
- High attention to detail with the ability to problem solve and remain organized in a dynamic environment
- Broad understanding of markets and instruments (cleared, OTC, crypto, derivatives) as well as data capture requirements for books and records system
- Understanding of different regulatory regimes and standards
- Self-driven with a passion for efficiency and continuous improvement
- Experience with implementing off the shelf and in-house solutions
- High proficiency in Google and Microsoft office applications, including Excel and VBA
- Experience in collateral management and executing sell-outs/close-outs is a plus
WHO WE ARE:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work from home, from our offices, or a combination of the two around our centers of gravity (15 global offices).
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates and ask me anything >
- We come together for moments that matter which include team offsites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Competitive benefits that cover physical and mental healthcare, retirement, family forming, and family support
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Generous vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time employees.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMzQuMjI4LjUyLjIxM