In the new and exciting world of the decentralized internet, otherwise known as Web3, it is an individualâs fundamental right to own and control their digital identity. To ensure that the individual is paramount in Web3, we are developing a suite of applications to enable everyone to safely engage, take part, and transact in the emerging, decentralized world of the internet. Our platform centers on Web3 Identity and leverages that identity to provide individuals with secure digital asset storage and recovery, access to decentralized finance, the ability to prove ownership of their creations, and gateways to digital interactions and experiences â all to empower and benefit every Web3 user.
We believe that the decentralized nature of Web3 creates an opportunity for everyone to challenge the digital status quoâto own and control their identity, data, finances, creations, and future. This is the chance to get it right â to rally a movement of individuals so Web3 belongs to everyone, not to trillion-dollar companies. To fulfill this vision, we are seeking dynamic people who want to join us in leading the way to this new world.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
As a Blockchains Mobile Platform Architect on our Mobile App team, you will be responsible for defining, designing, and leading the architecture of native development for our flagship iOS and Android app. You will be an iOS and Android development subject matter expert and coach for the coding, innovative design, and layout of mobile applications to support the vision of our Product and UX teams. You will support conceptual designs with our product and UX teams and lead bottoms-up technical implementations with the Mobile App team, working extensively as a hands-on developer building enterprise-grade mobile apps. You are passionate about your craft, have experience building and supporting Mobile apps in production, and are seeking opportunities to hone your skills in the world of Web3. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Leading the technical design and strategy of Blockchainsâ Mobile App team for iOS and Android.
- Leading collaboration between the Mobile App team and other departments in defining and refining requirements, and translating those into modern architectural patterns within the Mobile App.
- Mentoring other engineers to improve their craft and grow in their professional developer careers.
- Designing and implementing clean code with an eye toward design patterns that support modularity, testability, security, and maintainability.
- Creating user interfaces by using Kotlin, Swift, and industry best practices.
- Integrating data from various back-end services and databases.
- Working as part of an agile development team iteratively building a state-of-the-art Web3 Mobile app focused on Decentralized Identities, digital wallets, and Web3 integration.
- Growing on the job to become an expert in Blockchainsâ Identity services and workflows.
- Creating, organizing, and maintaining software documentation to support Mobile development.
- Supporting the maintenance, enhancement, and scaling of our Android and iOS apps for supporting > 1 million users.
- Staying plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them to operations and activities.
- Cooperating with UX Team to match visual design intent.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO SUCCEED
You are an experienced App developer who has successfully delivered and supported native iOS and Android apps in production for large user bases. You are happy to step in by leading and organizing a team of iOS and Android developers in implementing Features that align with the technical architecture. To ensure success, you have passion for mobile app development and lead others in software development. You have experience writing software and see the joy in working with others to develop, test, and deliver software into production. You are passionate about modern software architectures and deployment strategies and continuously seek ways to improve the systems you support. You are technical and business-minded, taking a risk-based approach to prioritize efforts. You work well with numerous cross-functional teams in a fast-paced, growing company. You also have the following skills or experience:
- Experience leading software development teams to deliver production quality code used by hundreds of thousands of users.
- Proficient with the latest version of Android Studio and Kotlin (Java experience is a plus).
- Proficient with the latest version of XCode, Swift, and Core Data.
- Deep understanding of the Android application lifecycle, navigation paradigms, and MVVM architecture.
- Experience using dependency injection.
- Experience with Jetpack Compose and Gradle.
- Experience using RESTful APIs, GraphQL.
- Experience using Git and Git repositories such as GitLab.
- Familiarity with tools like Figma, Zeplin and Confluence.
- Have used project tracking software like Jira or VersionOne.
- Good grasp of data structures and algorithms â you have working knowledge of common design patterns and know how to use them in your day-to-day development.
- Ability to design and write clean, maintainable code, and can effectively communicate trade-offs between different design approaches with members of your team.
- Solid ability in both written and verbal communication; you will be working as part of a high performing team that values collaboration and transparency.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment for iterative development â you enjoy learning new things and improving both yourself and the products you build.
- Able to solve complex problems and is happy working with other members of the team to solve them collaboratively.
YOUR EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
This position requires a degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar field. A minimum of 15 years overall Software Development experience supporting production software, with at least 8 years of hands-on Mobile Application Development writing, delivering, and maintaining enterprise software in production.
Previous experience with decentralized applications, Web3 and blockchain technologies is preferred.
Blockchains, Inc. (âBlockchainsâ) is proud to be a diverse workforce, and we are committed to inclusion and diversity to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants. Blockchains provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Blockchains, Inc. (âControllerâ), which is located at 610 Waltham Way, Sparks, NV 89437 and can be contacted by emailing [email protected]. Controllerâs data protection officer is Edward O'Connor, who can be contacted at [email protected]. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controllerâs recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controllerâs behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under [either the standard contractual clauses or the Privacy Shield]. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at [email protected].
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.