Blockchains will only consider candidates who reside in the U.S. and do not require any VISA support.
In the new and exciting world of the decentralized internet, otherwise known as Web3, it is an individualâs fundamental right to own and control their digital identity. To ensure that the individual is paramount in Web3, we are developing a suite of applications to enable everyone to safely engage, take part, and transact in the emerging, decentralized world of the internet. Our platform centers on Web3 Identity and leverages that identity to provide individuals with secure digital asset storage and recovery, access to decentralized finance, the ability to prove ownership of their creations, and gateways to digital interactions and experiences â all to empower and benefit every Web3 user.
We believe that the decentralized nature of Web3 creates an opportunity for everyone to challenge the digital status quoâto own and control their identity, data, finances, creations, and future. This is the chance to get it right â to rally a movement of individuals so Web3 belongs to everyone, not to trillion-dollar companies. To fulfill this vision, we are seeking dynamic people who want to join us in leading the way to this new world.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
As the Senior Paralegal, you will work as part of the Legal Department and will report to the Head of Legal. You will play a crucial role in supporting our Legal Departmentâs operations and contributing to our mission. Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Organizing and maintaining legal documents and corporate files, ensuring efficient record-keeping and compliance with legal standards
- Serving as system administrator and manager for our Contract Lifecycle management (CLM) solution, optimizing contract processes to improve department efficiency
- Reviewing and drafting various legal documents, including initial contract reviews, creating redline versions, and drafting notices, secretary certificates, and board resolutions
- Conducting legal research as directed by the Head of Legal to support legal decision-making and compliance efforts
- Managing the Legal Departmentâs records by filing and maintaining legal files and a preservation system for all original and other records.
- Managing annual legal entity filings with state agencies
- Performing data entry, data migration, and quality assurance tasks related to the Legal Departmentâs recordkeeping system, software applications, and other technology solutions.
- Analyzing and compiling data and creating and producing dashboards and reports for various audiences.
- Supporting the Legal Department policy and process coordination among all constituencies, including Legal, Product, Brand, Finance, IT, and all other Company departments and the Companyâs affiliates and subsidiaries.
- Communicating effectively with both internal and external personnel at all levels.
- Supporting the Legal Department and the Company by completing other tasks as assigned.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO SUCCEED
To succeed, you will need experience or the motivation to gain experience in a corporate legal department setting. You are extremely detail-oriented with excellent data analytics and technological skills. You have excellent written and oral communication skills and are a proactive self-starter with confidence in various settings, including fast-paced environments. You are dedicated, results-focused, and a quick learner who can handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously and work independently and as a team member. You have the interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively with a highly diverse workforce.
YOUR EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
This role requires an Associates degree in paralegal studies or related field required; Bachelorâs degree preferred. You have at least 3 years of experience working in-house, at a startup, or public technology company. Completion of paralegal certification program and corporate experience is highly desirable.
Please note: This position provides legal support and is not an attorney position. No J.D. or similar licensure is required.
Blockchains, Inc. (âBlockchainsâ) is proud to be a diverse workforce, and we are committed to inclusion and diversity to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants. Blockchains provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Blockchains, Inc. (âControllerâ), which is located at 610 Waltham Way, Sparks, NV 89437 and can be contacted by emailing [email protected]. Controllerâs data protection officer is Edward O'Connor, who can be contacted at [email protected]. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controllerâs recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controllerâs behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under [either the standard contractual clauses or the Privacy Shield]. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at [email protected].
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.