Oracle Database Developer
- Collaborate with stakeholders, application developers, and system administrators to understand database requirements.
- Design and create efficient database schema, tables, indexes, and constraints, adhering to best practices and normalization principles.
- Develop and optimize SQL queries, stored procedures, functions, and triggers to support application requirements.
- Implement robust data security measures, including user access controls, role-based security, and encryption mechanisms.
- Ensure data integrity through validation checks, referential integrity constraints, and error handling procedures.
- Monitor and analyze database performance to identify bottlenecks and inefficiencies.
- Optimize database performance by fine-tuning SQL queries, indexing strategies, and database configuration parameters.
- Collaborate with application development teams to provide database support and resolve database-related issues.
- Offer expertise and guidance on best practices for database design and development.
- Assist in troubleshooting and resolving performance, connectivity, and data-related problems.
- Maintain comprehensive and up-to-date documentation for database schema, data models, processes, and configurations.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest Oracle database technologies, trends, and best practices.
- Seek opportunities for continuous learning and professional development in the database domain.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- Proven experience as an Oracle Database Developer, with a minimum of 7 years of relevant work experience.
- Strong expertise in Oracle Database technologies, including Oracle SQL, PL/SQL, and performance optimization.
- Proficiency in using Oracle SQL Developer and TOAD (Tools for Oracle Application Development) for database development, querying, and administration.
- Experience withEmbarcadero ER/Studio for data modeling and database design.
- In-depth knowledge of database design principles, normalization, and data modeling.
- Solid understanding of data security practices and procedures.
- Experience with Source Control Management (SCM) tools such as Git for version control and collaborative development.
- Experience with database administration tasks such as backup, recovery, and capacity planning is a plus.
- Familiarity with other databases, e.g., Postgres, InfluxDB, MS SQL, with the ability to design, develop, and maintain database systems on these platforms is a plus.
- Previous experience working in the fintech or banking sectors, with a good understanding of industry-specific requirements and regulations.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex database issues.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Certifications such as Oracle Database Administrator Certified Professional (OCP) are advantageous but not mandatory.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMzQuMjI4LjUyLjIxM