Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a global crypto and Web3 platform founded by Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss in 2014. Gemini offers a wide range of crypto products and services for individuals and institutions in over 70 countries.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
The Department: Legal
The Legal department at Gemini is making history every day, as we apply the legacy of law to the future of digital assets. On this team, you will tackle complex and unprecedented applications of the current legal system to the revolutionary industry of cryptocurrency and blockchain technology. At Gemini, Legal plays a critical role in guiding innovation and driving value for the business, while upholding our core tenets of security, compliance, and trust for our customers. Join us and help define the Legal Department of the Future.
The Role: Paralegal
An excellent legal assistant is the backbone of a successful Legal Department. In this role, you will roll up your sleeves to create and improve processes, maintain records, and conduct legal research in the uncharted territory of digital assets, cryptocurrency, and blockchain technology. Working alongside the Legal Program Director and the rest of the Legal team, you will partner closely with key internal stakeholders across Engineering, Product, Compliance, Finance and Accounting, Business Development, Operations, Technology, and Security as we work to solve novel legal challenges in this groundbreaking space.
- Proactively manage Legal Department processes, including providing administrative and calendaring/scheduling support to the Legal team and assisting with records management.
- Partner with the Legal Program Director to manage Gemini’s due diligence and KYC processes.
- Assist with corporate governance matters and manage processes, policies, and procedures associated with the Gemini group’s legal and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain and update legal templates, runbooks, and process documents.
- Provide exceptional, responsive, and meticulous support to a wide variety of projects undertaken by the Legal team.
- Aid in the scaling of a nimble and impactful Legal function at Gemini.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Authorization to work in the United States and fluency in English.
- EA or support experience at a top-tier law firm preferred.
- Ability to manage and prioritize numerous projects simultaneously in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Flexibility and willingness to work on a broad range of matters and organizational tasks.
- Demonstrated interest in disruptive technology and desire to learn.
- Ability to be a proactive self-starter who can thrive in ambiguity.
The Compensation & Benefits Package For This Role Includes
- Competitive starting salary
- A discretionary annual bonus
- Long-term incentive in the form of a new hire equity grant
- Comprehensive health plans
- 401K with company matching
- Annual Learning & Development stipend
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible time off
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RNDQuMjAwLjc3LjkyM