Partner 22, Policy, Crypto
Founded in Silicon Valley in 2009 by Marc Andreessen and Ben Horowitz, Andreessen Horowitz (known as "a16z") is a venture capital firm that backs bold entrepreneurs building the future through technology. We are stage agnostic: We invest in seed to venture to late-stage technology companies, across bio + healthcare, consumer, crypto, enterprise, fintech, games, and companies building toward American dynamism. a16z has $35B in assets under management across multiple funds.
We’ve established a team that is defined by respect for the entrepreneur and the company-building process; we know what it’s like to be in the founder’s shoes. We’ve invested in companies like Affirm, Airbnb, Coinbase, Databricks, Devoted Health, EQRx, Figma, GitHub, Instacart, OpenSea, Roblox, Stripe, and Substack. Our team is at the forefront of new technology, helping founders and their companies impact and change the world.
We are looking for an experienced Policy Partner to join our mission of advancing the next generation of the internet. You will work directly with a deep bench of policy and regulatory experts, with backgrounds from the Hill, the State Department, SEC, CFTC, and DOJ, to craft and advance our overarching policy platform for the way decentralized technology can benefit open societies.
To join our team, you should be excited to:
- Report to, and work closely with, our Head of Policy
- Conceptualize and draft publications and collateral articulating our policy platform for web3
- Pro-actively access and synthesize news, policy/regulatory releases, speeches, testimony, statements, and global policy developments
- Craft comment letters to domestic and international regulatory bodies
- Work with our policy team and prepare briefing materials ahead of meetings with key decision makers at the federal, state, local, and international levels
- Provide strategic planning and guidance to the policy and regulatory teams, communications team, and investment team on domestic and international trends, developments, and opportunities in the legislative and political landscape
- Engage with academics, think tanks, and other outside validators to stay abreast of public policy debates around web3 technology
- Collaborate with trade associations and counterparts at other organizations on joint policy efforts
- Track our overall engagement and manage compliance with lobbying disclosure laws for our team
- Develop and manage strong long-term relationships with internal stakeholders and external partners
- Passion for crypto, web3, and decentralized technology.
- JD preferred with 5+ years of experience where you have engaged directly on policy/regulatory issues posed by emerging technologies.
- Strategic problem solver who exhibits an ability to succeed when given a high degree of autonomy, intellectual curiosity, and open-mindedness.
- Ability to build and nurture long-term relationships.
- Ability to communicate in non-legal jargon, simplify concepts, and think creatively in a space where some of the rules have yet to be written.
- Ability to work closely and strategize with the firm’s portfolio company executives to help them navigate a complex regulatory environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; highly efficient and productive writer required.
- Proven track record in engaging with cross-functional teams to measurable results.
- Government department/agency (eg., SEC, CFTC, Treasury), big law firm litigation/regulatory, and/or in-house experience is desirable. Regulatory relationships preferred.
The anticipated salary range for this role is between $315,000-$367,000, actual starting pay may vary based on a range of factors which can include experience, skills, and scope.
This role is eligible to participate in the a16z carry program and various discretionary bonus programs as well as benefit and perquisite plans including health, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, 401K plan, vacation, and sick leave. #LI-Remote
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMy4yMzUuNjAuMTk3M
This job is closed
Compensation: $315k - $367k
Location: DC Washington, District of Columbia, United States
This job is closed
Benefits: 401k, Dental Insurance, Medical Insurance
Receive similar jobs: