Partner 4, Front Desk Specialist, Crypto
Founded in Silicon Valley in 2009 by Marc Andreessen and Ben Horowitz, Andreessen Horowitz (known as "a16z") is a venture capital firm that backs bold entrepreneurs building the future through technology. We are stage agnostic: We invest in seed to venture to late-stage technology companies, across bio + healthcare, consumer, crypto, enterprise, fintech, games, and companies building toward American dynamism. a16z has $35B in assets under management across multiple funds.
We’ve established a team that is defined by respect for the entrepreneur and the company-building process; we know what it’s like to be in the founder’s shoes. Our team is at the forefront of new technology, helping founders and their companies impact and change the world.
As the Front Desk Specialist for the a16z crypto team in New York, you will serve as the main point of contact for employees, guests, leadership and founders providing a first class administrative experience for all. In addition, you must possess excellent interpersonal skills, attention to detail, be an outstanding multitasker, and have superb organizational skills. You will be successful in this role if you have a willingness to jump into tasks such as assisting with events, meetings, and troubleshooting office issues with the office manager, all while ensuring a positive experience for guests and employees of our New York office.
This role requires onsite presence in our New York office and will be based in New York, NY.
To Join Our Team, You Should Be Excited To
- Manage the front desk and ensure guests have an exceptional experience, including greeting visitors and checking them in, offering beverages, informing a16z employees of their visitor’s arrival and preparing conference rooms
- Promptly inform a16z employees when a visitor arrives. Utilize a16z’s preferred method of communication; such as SLACK, GChat or Envoy, to relay the guest’s details
- Proactively manage the daily room calendar. Assist employees and guests with room reservations utilizing google calendar
- Understand and adhere to a16z's security protocols and guidelines, visitor registration procedures, emergency protocols, and any specific security measures implemented within the organization
- Escalate any suspicious activity to the on-site security team
- Take pride in our beautiful new space by maintaining cleanliness of conference rooms and common areas
- Organize incoming and outgoing mail, ensuring that mail is handled securely and confidentially
- Coordinate with courier service providers to schedule pick-up and delivery services
- Assist employees with first-level AV and conference call setup and work with IT staff to help troubleshoot
- Be a motivated self starter and find ways to continually organize and improve systems thinking
- Share any necessary office communications that may impact the local teams
- High school diploma or GED required, college degree in business administration preferred
- 2+ years of experience in reception and office services
- Front desk experience in a fast-paced, high profile environment
- G Suite products: Gmail, Google drive, Google calendar
- Have an unparalleled “can-do” attitude
- Ability to juggle multiple competing items and prioritize accordingly
- Be service-oriented and pay exceptional attention to detail
- Have phenomenal interpersonal and communication skills and be a team player
- Punctual with strong attendance history
- Understanding of video conferencing systems, such as Zoom, and their features preferred.
This role is eligible to participate in the a16z carry program and various discretionary bonus programs as well as benefit and perquisite plans including health, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, 401K plan, vacation, and sick leave.
- We do only first class business and only in a first class way
- We take a long view of relationships, because we are in the relationship business
- We believe in the future and bet the firm that way
- We are all different, we recognize that, and we win
- We celebrate the good times
- We do it for the team
- We play to win
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here to learn about E-Verify.
Andreessen Horowitz hereby reserves the right to make use of any unsolicited resumes received from outside recruiting agencies and / or individual recruiters without being responsible for payment of any fees asserted from the use of unsolicited resumes.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RNDQuMjEyLjk2Ljg2M