Figure is transforming the trillion dollar financial services industry using blockchain technology.
In five short years, Figure has unveiled a series of fintech firsts using the Provenance blockchain for loan origination, equity management, private fund services, banking and payments sectors - bringing speed, efficiency and savings to both consumers and institutions. Today, Figure is one of less than a thousand companies considered a unicorn, globally.
Our mission requires us to have a creative, team-oriented, and supportive environment where everyone can do their absolute best. The team is composed of driven, innovative, collaborative, and curious people who love architecting ground-breaking technologies. We value individuals who bring an entrepreneurial mindset to every task and will embrace our culture of innovation.
Every day at Figure is a journey in continuous learning yet a daily focus on getting work done that makes a difference. Join a team of proven leaders who have already created billions of dollars in value in the FinTech space!
About the Role
We’re looking for a Product Counsel to join in building and scaling our lending and lending technology products at Figure. This role will guide the expansion of our direct origination lending programs, as well as the development of our lending-as-a-service products. You will collaborate with our product, engineering, operations, and marketing departments to enhance our loan (closed-end and open-end) origination systems, drive our lending technology transactions, and ensure our products comply with applicable Federal and State regulations. This is a great opportunity to join a team building innovative products and enhancing the financial services industry through the use of blockchain technology.
What You’ll Do
- Provide day-to-day legal support to lending product and operational groups focused on direct and white-label loan originations
- Advise the product team on enhancing our mortgage loan origination systems, with particular attention to opportunities for automation and efficiency
- Advise lending leadership on strategies for expanding wholesale and indirect lending partnerships
- Draft, negotiate, and review commercial lending technology agreements
- Provide guidance on the development of policies and procedures
- Provide support for regulatory examinations, external audits, and third party diligence requests
- Work cross-functionally to gain a deeper understanding of other teams' processes and the impact of policy on their businesses
What We Look For
- 5+ years of experience, preferably at both a law firm and a mortgage lending company or government agency
- Closed-end mortgage industry experience is required; experience with open-end credit products is preferred
- A J.D. degree and a state bar member in good standing
- Strong project-management skills, with a proven ability to coordinate across departments and functions
- Strong entrepreneurialism, work ethic and hands-on approach
- Ability to address challenging issues while remaining objective and independent
- Ability to build technical processes and work with product teams to provide compliance related requirements
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of consumer protection laws and regulations such as TILA/Regulation Z, ECOA/Regulation B, FCRA, FACTA, FDCPA, SCRA, BSA/AML, EFTA, UDAAP, and GLBA – HMDA a plus
- Proven ability to take a project from start to finish
- Ability to handle several projects at once while staying organized, detail oriented and diligent
- Strong communication skills - ability to articulate verbally and in writing, plans, processes, policies and issues to stakeholders
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary and growth opportunities
- Company quarterly performance based bonus
- Equity stock options package
- Employer funded comprehensive health, vision, dental insurance and wellness program for employees and their dependents
- Employer funded life and disability insurance coverage
- Company HSA, FSA, Dependent Care, 401k, and commuter benefits
- Up to 12 weeks paid family leave
- In office, remote, and hybrid work location options
- Home office and technology stipend for those working outside of a traditional office more than 75% of the time
- Flexible time-off plan to empower employees to take the time off that they want and need
- Continuing education reimbursement
- Routine Team swag deliveries!
For CO, NY, CA and WA residents, the salary range for this position is $167,000 - $208,000/year with a 25% Bonus and Equity. Actual compensation may vary based on individual candidate experience and location.
Depending on yourresidential locationcertain laws might regulate the way Figure manages applicant data.California Residents, please review ourCalifornia Employee and Prospective Employee Privacy Noticefor further information.By submitting your application, you are agreeing andacknowledgingthat you have read and understand the above notice.
Figure will not sponsor work visas for this position. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RNDQuMjEyLjk2Ljg2M
This job is closed
Compensation: $167k - $208k
Location: NC Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
This job is closed
Benefits: 401k, Vision Insurance, Dental Insurance, Medical Insurance, Hsa, Fsa
Receive similar jobs:
Web3 Legal Expert Salary
The average yearly salary for a Web3 Legal Expert is $165k per year, with a minimum base salary of $122k and a maximum of $367k.
Check more information about Web3 Legal Expert Salary.
|Job Position and Company||Location||Tags||Posted||Apply|
|Charlotte, NC, United States|| |