Uphold is a Web 3 financial platform founded in 2013 and launched in 2014. We have more than 8 million customers in over 150 countries. We consider ourselves a bridge between the old and new money systems. Our patented “Anything to Anything” platform gives end users seamless access, allowing people and businesses to invest, pay and spend more than 30 fiat currencies, 250 cryptocurrencies, and precious metals globally and instantly.
Join us in our mission to reshape the financial landscape and build a more inclusive financial system, redefining how people access and manage their money. Be part of an innovative and forward-thinking company that values individual contributions and provides a stimulating and challenging home for the brightest and best talent.
To learn more about Uphold, please visit https://uphold.com
Our reserve trading team manages a central risk book and owns the pricing, internalisation and hedging of all flow across the platform. We use a combination of proprietary software (written in Go, C++ and Python) and off the shelf tools to create cutting edge solutions for holding and trading across CeFi exchanges, DeFi and OTC desks. Our software solutions rely on core infrastructure that consists of a hybrid of AWS Cloud and physical colocation facilities around the world.
How We Do It
We use a variety of technologies: C++ for areas that require high performance, NodeJS for specific integrations, Python for analysis, and Go for general solutions. Generally, we try to use whatever tool is best for the job, without letting the stack grow too complex.
We require a quant trader based in New York, Chicago, or San Francisco to help maintain, evolve and develop our trading strategies.
- Have at least two years experience working as a quant trader for a market maker or HFT
- Experience with trading systems and large codebases
- Experience resolving live trade issues by identifying the problem and taking the appropriate steps such as amending system parameters, suggesting code base changes, or taking a brand new approach entirely
- Professional experience with Python and ideally at least one of our core languages: C++ or Go
- Genuine and demonstrable interest in the cryptocurrency space and knowledge of CeFi venues, DeFi protocols and broader narratives
- Effective communication skills; a positive, team player
- Experience using Git in production environments
- Comfort taking ownership of projects such as new opportunities for the desk, leading new product rollouts, and participation in discussions with senior management
- Ability to be highly effective in remote-first environment
- Bonus if you have: A network within the cryptocurrency space In-office attendance 3 days per week in either New York or San Francisco Working knowledge of C++ MySQL or Postgres Makefiles and bash scripting
- An amazing work environment in a company that continues to grow, driven by extraordinary and passionate people that keep innovating.
- An international team, in a cutting-edge field, working on fascinating projects.
- Growth and career opportunities, and the chance to be proactive and creative.
- A flexible and enthusiastic work environment that offers you snacks, a lot of coffee and other great benefits.
- Open and transparent culture - we get together on a weekly basis to share updates, strategic plans, and engage with each other informally over food and drinks.
- Interesting events that keep you connected with the team and celebrate our success.
- Be part of a great company that is revolutionizing financial services.
We're proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, gender identity, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, and any other protected classes. Difference makes us better.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RNDQuMjAwLjc3LjkyM