Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice â our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Protection - for our clients and our company - forms the linchpin of our business at Gemini. Our Riskdepartment plays a critical role in proactively identifying, mitigating, managing, and communicating thefirmâs exposure, both internally and externally. Leveraging data, engineering, and relationships across theorganization, our Risk team is building a robust second line of defense in a first-of-its kind industry; ourgoal: safeguard Gemini so that we can continue to revolutionize the future of money.
The Role: Senior Associate, Credit Card Fraud Risk
Gemini is looking for a Senior Associate, Credit Card Fraud Risk to be part of the risk managementfunction. The risk management function works closely with various teams across Gemini includingproducts, operations, engineering, data and compliance to manage inherent risks in processes of theCompany. We are looking for someone who can bring fraud risk management expertise and technicalacumen while at the same time a critical, quantitative and hands-on approach to manage credit card fraudrisk of Gemini. The role will require to implement technical solutions for real-time risk monitoring andrecommend risk mitigation actions. The ideal candidate will bridge the gap between senior leadershipâsvision and data driven approach to strategy. The role provides an exciting opportunity to understand andbuild the risk infrastructure of crypto rewards based lending products and work with a seasoned team ofcredit, fraud and market risk experts. The role will provide an opportunity to challenge the mostfundamental risk management principles and implement solutions which suit a growing credit portfoliowith a beginner's mindset.
- Credit Card Fraud Risk Core Strategy and Analytics
- This role will develop core credit card fraud strategies (including creating new rules, optimizing cutoffs, creating policies and procedures, operational flows, etc.) to protect firm from credit card fraud related losses and improve customers experience.
- Able to partner seamlessly with both internal (Risk, Product, Compliance, Legal, Technology, Marketing) as well as external partners to prioritize top loss reduction efforts.
- Provide subject matter expertise on strategy implementation/testing and initiatives related to the improvement of risk mitigation processes and infrastructure.
- Able to interpret large complex data to formulate problem statement and generate conclusions regarding underlying risk dynamics, trend and further opportunities.
- Assist team efforts in the critical development of new credit risk fraud pattern or spending pattern detection tools.
- Ability to communicate clearly the pros and cons of recommended strategies (both oral and written) using a data driven approach in senior leadership presentations.
- Generate strategy review reports on a regular basis, and evaluate currents strategies.
- Enhance strategies using data driven techniques to optimize fraud capture rates.
- Prepare ad-hoc fraud strategy related requests, and use analytical data/dashboards to create a solid analytical story to senior management.
- Advanced degree in a quantitative discipline or commensurate work experience.
- 3-5 years of credit card fraud risk.
- Great verbal, written and communication skills.
- Ability to make good fast decisions.
- Comfortable with making decisions in ambiguity.
- Roll-up-the-sleeves, no-task-is-too-small-attitude - willingness to do whatâs necessary.
- Familiarity or experience with relational databases and Business Intelligence tools (e.g. SQL,Looker etc.) is a plus.
- Competitive starting salary
- A discretionary annual bonus
- Long-term incentive in the form of a new hire equity grant
- Comprehensive health plans
- 401K with company matching
- Annual Learning & Development stipend
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible time off
Salary Range: The base salary range for this role is between $95,000 - $133,000 in New York City, the State of California and the State of Washington. This range is not inclusive of our discretionary bonus or equity package. When determining a candidateâs compensation, we consider a number of factors including skillset, experience, job scope, and current market data.
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.