Uphold is now the fastest-growing private company in the San Francisco Bay Area, according to the San Francisco Business Times Fast Track 100, 2022. Uphold is pursuing a mission to democratize investments and payments for people and companies worldwide. Founded in 2014, the Silicon Valley company today has more than 8 million customers in over 150 countries with an impressive 50x increase in Mobile App downloads during the first quarter of 2020. A bridge between the old and new money systems, Uphold allows people to buy, exchange and send more than 100 currencies, cryptocurrencies, precious metals and equities instantly. An engineering-led company with a social inclusion agenda, Uphold provides a stimulating and challenging home for the brightest and best talent
If you’re a Rockstar and this sounds interesting and challenging, we want to hear from you. Apply now!
We are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to join our Engineering team. This is an incredibly exciting opportunity where you’ll get to focus on building and improving our consumer and business APIs and the many microservices powering our web and mobile applications. You will be designing and building services with three core principles in mind: maintainability, performance, and security.
What you’ll be doing primarily:
- Building the most powerful, easy to use crypto onramp and offramp platform in the world.
- Delivering new features and enhancements to our platform.
- Working closely with the Frontend and Mobile Engineering teams to integrate frontend UI.
- Collaborating with product managers, designers, engineers and other project stakeholders throughout the software development life cycle (planning, design, implementation, deployment and support).
- Helping the team keep up-to-date with the tech stack ecosystem.
- Writing high quality code with performance and scalability in mind.
- BS or advanced degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Strong understanding of relational (preferably PostgreSQL) and/or non-relational databases (e.g. Redis).
- Strong understanding of web semantics.
- Knowledge of revision control systems.
- Basic knowledge of standard development pipelines, including build and other automation tools.
- Excellent communication skills and a team player with the ability to work in cross-functional teams, and with a great attitude.
- Fluent written and oral English skills.
Bonus if you have:
- Experience in developing APIs for other products you’ve worked on.
- Developing software interacting with message queues (e.g. Kafka, NSQ, Pulsar or RabbitMQ).
- Experience in integrating APIs from other services providers.
- Proven record of having worked with performance budgets.
- Fluency in cryptocurrencies or other digital assets as they are core to our business.
- Community talks, certifications, and/or blog posts on your interests and research.
- Open source project contributions of any kind, such as tools developed to solve specific problems you’ve had or fixing issues on existing projects.
Importantly, if you’re looking for a senior role with us, you will have achieved many of the things above while also providing mentorship to others, and have engaged in public speaking opportunities.
What we have to offer you:
- Innovation and Impact: Be a part of a company driving innovation and making meaningful impact. Work on cutting-edge projects in a stimulating and challenging work environment.
- Competitive Compensation: We offer a salary, stock options, performance-based bonuses, and comprehensive benefits.
- Strong Company Culture: Join a supportive and positive work environment built on shared values of integrity, teamwork, accountability, and excellence.
- Global All-Hands Calls: Regular sessions to share updates, strategize, and foster connections.
- Development: Opportunities for training and mentorship programs.
- Flexibility: Work from home, from other locations or slightly different hours available.
- Inclusive and Diverse Environment: Foster an environment where different perspectives are valued.
- Annual bonus program based on individual, team and company performance.
- Home office stipend to support the setup of a productive home office.
- Generous PTO, healthcare coverage, and employee assistance programs.
- Interesting and fun events and celebrations.
- Foodie culture and well-stocked office kitchen.
Join our team and embark on a fulfilling career where you'll have the opportunity to grow, innovate, and contribute to something meaningful. Come and be a part of our talented team!
If this job isn’t exactly what you are looking for, visit our careers page to check out all our exciting opportunities.
We're proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, gender identity, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, and any other protected classes. Difference makes us stronger and better - together.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMTguMjA1LjI2LjM5M