Senior Character Artist
What you'll be doing:
- Follow visual direction and technical briefs to create character game assets and assist others to do the same.
- Integrate assets into game engines: checking for quality and issues before committing the project.
- Work using relevant 3D tools, material creators/editors & game engines - plus game development software such as version control and production tools.
- Identify and log tasks, track and report on progress, assist more junior artists in doing the same.
- Assist development with documentation, reviews and quality assurance or art.
- Maintain high quality standards and process: workflows, tests, documentation, approvals.
- Assist more junior team members in day-to-day work, being proactive in sharing your knowledge.
- Advise across the studio in matters concerning character game art.
- Attend stand-ups, craft meetings, deep-dives, reviews, show and tells, etc.
What we'll need from you:
- Experienced character artist level portfolio/showreel.
- Experience in creating stylised characters.
- Attention to detail with a strong ability to analyse and comprehend visual direction and adapt >
- Solid problem solving: a knowledge of workflows, dependencies, typical challenges in character art for games.
- Excellent knowledge of typical art tools and game engines.
- Ability to advise team members on workflow.
- Solid experience with development workspace and production tools like Jira and P4.
- Ability to communicate with leads and producers and prioritise work, flag issues, identify risks.
- A good communicator with the ability to verbalise conceptual thoughts and the willingness to accept constructive critique.
- “Final touch” quality control on 3D game assets.
What would help:
- Experience in a similar role is highly desirable.
- Experience working on several projects.
- Experience of direct communication with clients.
- Experience mentoring artists.
This job is closed
This job is closed
Receive similar jobs: