Senior Compliance Specialist
Remote in Estonia / Lisbon / Budapest
Apply for this job
We’re SwissBorg, a fintech company headquartered in Switzerland, with offices in Lausanne, Lisbon, Tallinn and London.
Our flagship product, the SwissBorg app, offers over 730,000+ verified users the best price and liquidity across 16 fiat and 45+ cryptos, as well as giving them the opportunity to earn passive income with our Smart Yield account. And the community is growing fast, with over $600 millions equivalent in crypto assets held in the app, weekly volume of over 250 million, and over 33,000 Premium users.
But that’s just the start in our mission to democratise wealth management by building products that allow individuals to manage their crypto assets at a touch of a finger. Whether you’re in Austria or Taiwan, and whether your portfolio is worth one dollar or a million, SwissBorg gives you the best tools to learn about digital currencies and manage your wealth.
And this is where you come in...
The Senior Compliance Specialist will work closely in cooperation with our Director of Risk and Compliance in managing the ongoing organisational and operational compliance with the applicable laws, guidelines and best practices. One of the key areas you would be heavily involved in is the AML/CFT, sanctions and fraud framework.
What you might be doing:
- Support the development and implementation of a comprehensive group-wide compliance framework aligned with regulatory requirements and industry best practices.
- Draft and monitor the implementation of the internal policies in all areas relevant to crypto and financial service providers, including the AML, CTF, sanctions and fraud area.
- Monitor and help the group to adjust for changes in the legal environment.
- Monitor, assess and propose improvements as needed to the internal control and customer monitoring frameworks.
- Conduct internal investigations and reviews regarding compliance with the applicable laws and internal policies, primarily in the AML/CTF area.
- Support the communication and cooperation with the public authorities.
- Manage and support in different administrative proceedings.
- Support in the internal and external audits.
- Support the internal and external reporting.
- Support the internal training, compose training materials, monitor training needs.
- Stay abreast of the evolving regulatory environment, industry standards and best practices.
What you might bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Law from a reputable university in the EEA, UK or Switzerland. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the compliance or regulatory areas in EEA, UK or Swiss financial institutions, crypto service providers or FinTech companies. Experience in a company under regulatory supervision of the Estonian, French, UK, Swiss or Liechtenstein authorities is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of the European financial and crypto regulatory frameworks, industry standards and supervisory practices, especially in the AML/CFT area. Knowledge of the UK regulatory framework is a plus. Knowledge of MiFID II is a plus.
- Awareness and knowledge of the upcoming MiCA, DORA and accompanying guidelines.
- Experience with development and application of internal policies and procedures.
- Good understanding of payment processes.
- Strong time management and organisational skills, and the ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently.
- Team player with the ability to work in a collaborative environment.
- A methodical and diligent approach, to deliver accurate and timely results. Logical and systematic thinking.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in English and the ability to convey complex concepts to non-lawyers. Professional knowledge of Estonian, German or French is a plus.
- Based in Europe.
Why you should apply:
- Freedom to build the company of your dreams
- Learn with (super cool) experts in finance, engineering, AI, psychology and business
- BORG bonus based on our meritocratic system
- Flexible working hours
- 25 working days of vacation + local holidays
- We'll provide you with a MacBook and a cutting edge tech stack to help you do your best work
- Annual company and team retreats - We'd love to see you at the next one!
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
If our job description speaks to you, but you don’t feel like you meet 100% of the requirements, apply anyway! You may have skills we didn’t even know we needed.
At SwissBorg, we embrace diversity. We strongly believe that getting the best outcome requires different perspectives and backgrounds. We’re committed to openness, curiosity and creating an inclusive culture because we know that diverse teams build better products and generate better ideas. We strongly encourage applications from everyone!
To ensure a safe & welcoming space, please feel free to let us know of anything you require to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to the recruitment process.
Take a look at our blog for the latest developments and keep an eye on our Careers Page, LinkedIn & Twitter for regular company updates!
Apply for this job
Cover Letter / AI Interview⬇