Blockchains will only consider candidates who reside in the U.S. and do not require any VISA support.
Blockchains is committed to defining and owning the category of Web3 Identity. We believe that, in the new and exciting world of the decentralized internet, otherwise known as Web3, it is an individualâs fundamental right to own and control their digital identity. To ensure that the individual is paramount in Web3, we are developing a suite of applications to enable everyone to safely engage, take part, and transact in the emerging, decentralized world of the internet. Our platform centers on Web3 Identity and leverages that identity to provide individuals with secure digital asset storage and recovery, access to decentralized finance, the ability to prove ownership of their creations, and gateways to digital interactions and experiences â all to empower and benefit every Web3 user.
We believe that the decentralized nature of Web3 creates an opportunity for everyone to challenge the digital status quoâto own and control their identity, data, finances, creations, and future. This is the chance to get it right â to rally a movement of individuals so Web3 belongs to everyone, not to trillion-dollar companies. To fulfill this vision, we are seeking dynamic people who want to join us in leading the way to this new world.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
As the Senior Director, Technology you will hold an essential position ensuring third-party development efforts align with overall Business and Product requirements. You you will be working directly with the SVP, Business Strategy and will be tasked with leading a large team of third-party developers to build a suite of complex products, ranging from Mobile Applications, SDKs, and SaaS platforms. You will assume responsibility for orchestrating and leading the Companyâs development efforts by working closely with internal and external stakeholders, including third-party development vendors, Business Strategy, Product, Operations, FinTech, PMO, IT/Cyber, and Legal & Compliance, and ensuring product requirements are understood and delivered on time.
This position necessitates exemplary communication abilities and a strong inclination toward collaborative efforts. Your profound technical expertise and sharp business acumen will play a pivotal role in your accomplishments. You will closely engage with leadership, delivering data-driven recommendations stemming from comprehensive insights garnered from market research, user testing, and industry best practices.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Directing management of third-party vendors, including software development and UI/UX.
- Collaborating with key stakeholders to align development goals and milestones with overall business objectives.
- Acting as the main point of contact for third-party development vendors by distributing product requirements, managing timelines and milestones, and ensuring requirements are delivered as expected by the Company.
- Providing technical leadership and guidance to third-party development teams, fostering innovation and continuous improvement.
- Implementing and overseeing quality assurance processes alongside PMO for all development efforts, ensuring the delivery of reliable and high-performance software.
- Developing comprehensive product documentation, ensuring clarity and ease of use for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Conducting training sessions for internal teams and external partners on product functionalities and best practices.
- Acting as a liaison between technical and non-technical teams to ensure alignment on all product-related initiatives.
- Working closely with third-party developers to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues.
- Establishing mechanisms for collecting feedback from vendors, partners, users, and internal stakeholders regarding product performance and usability.
- Managing the end-to-end project lifecycle for the Companyâs development efforts from ideation to deployment, and ensuring products are developed on time and as per the needs set forth by the Company.
- Coordinating with project managers to allocate resources effectively and ensure project success.
- Reporting regularly to leadership and being accountable for overall project progress, and identifying and communicating risks proactively.
- Working closely with the Companyâs Governance, Risk, & Compliance department to ensure policies are being implemented and followed.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO SUCCEED
To ensure success, you have experience working in fast paced startup software environments where change can occur quickly and often. You are a delivery orchestrator with experience managing accelerated timelines and thrive in settings that allow you to wear many hats. You have experience managing large third-party vendors who are responsible for developing sophisticated retail and enterprise solutions. You are proactive and diligent, eager to work collaboratively, and are proficient in navigating complex ecosystems.
This role requires a bachelorâs degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or any STEM related major, or equivalent industry experience. A minimum of 8-10 years of Technical Operations experience. Blockchain experience is required, as is vendor management experience.
Blockchains, Inc. (âBlockchainsâ) is proud to be a diverse workforce, and we are committed to inclusion and diversity to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants. Blockchains provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Blockchains, Inc. (âControllerâ), which is located at 610 Waltham Way, Sparks, NV 89437 and can be contacted by emailing [email protected]. Controllerâs data protection officer is Edward O'Connor, who can be contacted at [email protected]. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controllerâs recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controllerâs behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under [either the standard contractual clauses or the Privacy Shield]. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at [email protected].
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.