Swan is a leading Bitcoin-only financial services company supporting individuals and companies throughout their Bitcoin journey. We hire passionate Bitcoiners who want to work with a self-motivated and fully distributed startup team.
The ideal person for this role will have a background in both full-stack application and cloud infrastructure development, including AWS/GCP, automation, networking, and high grade security. You will be responsible for maintaining auditable secure infrastructure as code, as well as developing brand new services and products.
You should have a broad hands-on development history with demonstrable skills, while also being able to lead from the back, take responsibility, and handle pressure situations when they arise.
- Develop and maintain cloud infrastructure for the Swan core application and peripheral services
- Participate in threat modeling sessions with the security team to review infrastructure security concerns
- Collaborate closely with developers to improve tooling and deployment pipelines to achieve efficiency gains
- Perform ongoing improvements to achieve compliance with cloud security standards
- Refactor and modularize existing infrastructure code (terraform)
- Research and implement new infrastructure in support of a growing set of needs for new services, self-hosting of vendor software, and data transformation pipelines
Skills and experience that will help you succeed
- A senior level background in software development, especially event driven systems & domain driven design, and test driven development
- Mid to senior level experience with Terraform, developing modular infrastructure as code
- Familiarity with AWS Well Architected Framework and/or experience building reliable infrastructure with a security first approach
- Familiarity with data, event pipeline, and customer data platform products in AWS or otherwise (EventBridge, PostHog, Rudderstack, etc.)
- Familiarity and expertise in OWASP, CIS Benchmarks, and other security frameworks
- Confidence in refactoring legacy code as well as greenfield development
- Experience with shell scripting, git, regex, and other command line tools
Here's a bit about our culture
- We’re a growing team: Fully distributed across the world, Slack and Huddles are huge here.
- We’re very flat: Leadership is desired and encouraged; we hire people who care about and use the product they are working on.
- We’re Bitcoiners: We find solutions that encourage Bitcoin principles. We are often involved in the Bitcoin community through writing, podcasts, conferences, open source projects, and time spent on Twitter to help educate the masses. We love Bitcoin, and it comes through in our daily chats, meetings, and actions.
Join us, become a Swan!
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RNDQuMTk3LjEwMS4yNTEM