At Ripple, we’re building a world where value moves like information does today. It’s big, it’s bold, and we’re already doing it. Through our crypto solutions for financial institutions, businesses, governments and developers, we are improving the global financial system and creating greater economic fairness and opportunity for more people, in more places around the world. And we get to do the best work of our career and grow our skills surrounded by colleagues who have our backs.
If you’re ready to see your impact and unlock incredible career growth opportunities, join us, and build real world value.
Senior Policy Manager, Middle East and Africa
Ripple is seeking an experienced individual to join our Global Public Policy team to lead our regional engagement in the Middle East and Africa. Ripple’s Global Public Policy team seeks to advance the company’s strategic goals by proactively managing the company’s relationships with public officials and advising on regulatory matters across a wide range of issues that affect Ripple’s business.
The Senior Policy Manager, Middle East and Africa will work with internal partners throughout the business to help identify and define the company’s public policy and business objectives in the region, and will develop and manage relationships with policymakers, regulators, and other external stakeholders in order to further those objectives. As an integral part of our small and growing policy function, you will work on some of the most exciting regulatory and business issues in fintech today.
This role reports to Ripple’s EMEA Policy Director and is based in Dubai (strongly preferred), remote in the region, or London (may be considered).
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Create opportunities for Ripple to engage with regulators, policymakers, influencers and thought leaders in the Middle East and Africa.
- Work with business and commercial partners to understand all aspects of Ripple’s business and its needs in the region, as well as to advise on the impact of public policy developments on the business.
- Monitor, analyze, and engage in government, legislative and regulatory initiatives in key markets throughout the Middle East and Africa.
- Educate policymakers, regulators and other stakeholders on Ripple’s solutions and the company’s role as a blockchain and fintech service provider.
- Draft comment letters, consultation responses, and white papers that advocate for responsible innovation and adoption of emerging financial and payment technology.
- Develop Ripple’s regional thought leadership position through industry and public engagement on matters of digital asset policy in the Middle East and Africa.
- Assist in drafting thought leadership pieces on issues related to digital asset adoption and financial policy.
- Participate in industry working groups on matters of crypto policy.
- Work with the global communications team to build Ripple’s public policy influence.
- Build a strong network of support among key external stakeholders to enhance advocacy efforts, including at trade associations, non government organizations and industry peers.
- Represent Ripple at public events.
- Manage external consultants and relationships with membership organizations.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- 10+ years of relevant experience working in policy for emerging technology, payments, financial services and/or crypto related fields.
- Experience working in the Middle East and/or Africa.
- Masters/Law/Post-Graduate degree in a relevant field is preferred.
- The ideal candidate for this role has experience analysing regulations and legislation as well as direct experience interacting with policy-makers and regulators.
- Excellent judgment, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent at collaborating with many contributors and cross-functional partners in different timezones.
- Ability to present complex issues in a clear and concise manner, both written and verbally.
- Willingness to travel.
WHO WE ARE:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work from home, from our offices, or a combination of the two around our centers of gravity (15 global offices).
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates and ask me anything >
- We come together for moments that matter which include team offsites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Competitive benefits that cover physical and mental healthcare, retirement, family forming, and family support
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Generous vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time Ripple employees. For all Metaco roles, please discuss benefits with your recruiter.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMzQuMjI5LjYzLjI4M