At FalconX, you’ll help create a more open financial system. In building trading, credit and custody infrastructure, we are enabling thousands more institutions to enter the market and support a more open and accessible financial system. The world’s largest financial institutions from Wall Street to Silicon Valley will turn to you for products that provide unparalleled seamless, efficient and secure access to the cryptocurrency sector.
FalconX is hiring a Senior Software Engineer in Applied Cryptography to help introduce a new, in-demand product line for the company that integrates seamlessly with our proprietary, best-in-class Prime Brokerage platform. You will drive the implementation of critical security infrastructure that powers an MPC-based wallet designed for security, ease-of-use, operational efficiency, and tight technical integration. We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer with a strong understanding of the latest in cryptography and blockchain technologies to build upon our vision of an open financial system.
- Build, support, optimize, and maintain our MPC-based wallet implementation, including threshold signing (TSS)
- Contribute to the architectural design and implementation of our MPC-based cryptocurrency wallet
- Take an iterative approach in the development of highly-visible, in-demand products while maintaining a high bar in security
- Collaborate closely with Engineering and Product leadership to plan, estimate, prioritize, and productive new security-oriented products and features
- Rapidly build and deliver against an aggressive product roadmap supporting strategic business initiatives
- Provide ongoing maintenance of the technology stack as it matures, ensuring highest security and reliability
- Provide timely support to customer issues and triage quickly and effectively
- Provide subject matter expertise on key management and cryptographic signing especially as it pertains to our own in-house implementation
- Stay informed on industry and technology trends
- You have proven experience building systems that make significant use of asymmetric cryptographic signing in real-world applications
- You are an action-oriented individual who strives for outcomes yet remain uncompromising when it comes to product quality and security
- Demonstrated experience in driving software development in a rapidly evolving environment and fast-paced atmosphere
- You have significant experience working with statically typed compiled languages, including Go, Rust, C, and/or C++
- Strong familiarity with elliptic-curve cryptography (ECDSA, EdDSA), threshold signature schemes (TSS), multi-party computation (MPC), and RSA
- Familiarity with Blockchain technologies, protocols, and structures
- Knowledge of existing threat vectors and evolving security landscape
- Adversarial mindset regarding cryptographic system design
- Familiarity with Secure Enclaves and Trusted Execution Environments
- Experience finding and publishing vulnerabilities in third-party code or products
- Experience working on cryptocurrency wallet applications a plus
Base pay for this role is expected to be between $200,000 and $245,000 USD. This expected base pay range is based on information at the time this post was generated. This role will also be eligible for other forms of compensation such as a performance linked bonus, equity, and a competitive benefits package. Actual compensation for a successful candidate will be determined based on a number of factors such as skillset, experience, and qualifications.