Senior Software Engineer (Modelling) - Customer Engineering - Defence
- You will be responsible for developing and implementing highly-complex and scientifically defensible models and simulations used in our customer projects. These models typically encode real-life systems and behaviours, allowing users to analyse performance and test different scenarios. We have a broad range of roles and activities, depending on your experience and preferences you may be developing models yourself or productionising prototype models developed by our applied scientists.
- You’ll also be building pipelines to extract, synthesise and integrate data from various sources; building tooling that enables model developers to do their work quicker and better; and profiling and improving the performance of models so that we can reach new levels of speed and scale.
- We divide up ownership across the team, so expect responsibility early on, but the team is large enough that you will be fully supported by colleagues.
Why You're Made For This:
- Experience writing production quality code and adhering to software best practices
- Prior experience applying model and data engineering to solve customer problems
- Experience of mathematical modelling paradigms (e.g. systems dynamics, event-based modelling, agent-based modelling) and associated simulation tools
- Skilled in Python including the more advanced features of the language (e.g. decorators, and built-in methods)
- Professional experience of tools and libraries for modelling, data analysis and scientific computing (e.g. NumPy, Pandas, SciPy)
- Ability to work collaboratively in multidisciplinary teams
- Confident communicator able to convey complex technical information to a range of audiences
- Naturally pragmatic, balancing fast-moving project requirements with quality and good practices
- Ability to think holistically about every aspect of software development, including testing, documentation, security and performance.
- Knowledge of C++
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RNDQuMjIwLjI0OS4xNDEM
This job is closed
Compensation: $90k - $104k *
This job is closed
Receive similar jobs: