The Shrapnel team is seeking bright minds from every culture, discipline, and background to join us on a new creative endeavor.
We’re a mission-focused team with industry roots in world-class game development, studio building, and platform creation.
Our goal is empowering the world to share in our playful collaboration at the intersection of gaming, creation, and ownership.
Shrapnel is charting new territory by bringing together player created content, blockchain, and gaming. Come join our mission to create the future of entertainment. On this team, you will not only define an amazing user experience but also provide a core platform that keeps our players engaged beyond the gameplay. You will provide the tools and capabilities that empower our players to bring their ideas to life.
- Collaborate with technical and non-technical disciplines to define, develop, and maintain frameworks for content creation in Unreal Engine
- Deliver highly-performant frameworks that provide intuitive experiences for our players
- Ensure the use of proper native technologies to build user-friendly web tools and applications
- Drive continuous improvement by helping to define engineering best practices, development processes and workflows, and technical mentorship for your team
Who Will Be A Great Fit
We welcome your uniqueness. Research shows that diverse teams do the best work. Our customers are all over the world, and from all walks of life. It's important that we’re not all the same, so that we can draw on our differences, what we’ve experienced, and how we think.
- Passionate about the customer. You constantly find new ways to deliver value
- Detail oriented and results driven. You drive to the finish line and never settle for “okay”
- Autonomous and take initiative. You have a bias for action and good instincts for what needs to get done
- Constantly seeking improvement. You ask why when others don’t and are always looking for ways to improve (yourself, your team, your product, your process)
- Focused and determined. Ambiguity doesn’t scare you; you are constantly forging a path forward
- Open and inclusive. You know the best ideas won’t be yours alone and are constantly questioning what you overlooked
- Team focused and collaborative. You realize that you only succeed when the team, and the product, succeeds. You are always looking for ways to make those around you successful
Ideal Candidates Will Have
- 5+ years of software development experience
- A proven track record of working in a development role on at least one AAA title that has shipped
- Expert programming skills with languages such as C++ and C#, and 3D game engines like Unreal Engine and Unity
- Experience defining and integrating with custom service implementations
- Experience with all phases of the software development life cycle, best practices and Agile Software Development
- Strong understanding of common development patterns and architectures for both client application and distributed service development
- Experience collaborating with developers, non-developers, stakeholders, and users
Nice to Have
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Experience with full stack development
- Experience working in a startup environment or small business
- Understanding of blockchain and crypto mechanics
- Competitive Salary and excellent Benefits.
- Flexible hours, with the potential of remote working.
- Visibility and input to business strategy, including technology and creative partners.
- Autonomy and latitude within your role.
- Seattle’s healthy living and vibrant city culture.
- Tight knit, highly experienced, fun-loving team.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Industry: Video Games, Blockchain, Unreal Engine Development, Cloud, UI/UX
Employment Type: Full-time - Onsite/Hybrid Role
Job Functions: Engineering, Technology, Full-Stack Development
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP when applying to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human RNDQuMTkyLjI2LjYwM