Swan is a leading Bitcoin-only financial services company supporting individuals and companies throughout their Bitcoin journey. We hire passionate Bitcoiners who want to work with a self-motivated and fully distributed startup team.
As a Software Engineer on the Operational Technology team at Swan Bitcoin, you will play a pivotal role in building internal tooling and ensuring the seamless operation of our Bitcoin platform. You'll be on the front lines, working closely with client services and operations teams to address real-time issues, while building and improving tools for internal teams to give our clients the best possible experience with our Bitcoin financial services.
This is a new team at Swan, so we’re looking for a variety of people, from tech leads (7+ years experience) to junior developers (3 years minimum). A background in a fintech or financial institution environment is preferred. This role is remote, but only western timezones (approximately UTC-8 to UTC-4) will be considered.
- Develop and maintain internal tools to streamline operations and enhance efficiency.
- Diagnose, debug, and resolve real-time issues reported by clients and operations teams.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including client services and operations, to build tooling.
- Integrate with open source and commercial systems if appropriate.
- Contribute to the improvement of our operational technology stack and processes.
- Collaborate with other teams on bigger initiatives
Skills and experience that will help you succeed
- Strong proficiency in software development, with experience in building internal tools in a full stack environment. Our stack is primarily nodejs and AWS, but any similar skillset will work, for those willing to adapt.
- A well developed practice in clean code, unit testing, refactoring, and experience in large and complex system environments.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and the ability to thrive in high-pressure situations with quick context switching and prioritization.
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate effectively with internal / client-facing teams.
- Experience in financial environments a huge plus.
Here's a bit about our culture
- We’re a growing team: Fully distributed across the world, Slack and Huddles are huge here.
- We’re very flat: Leadership is desired and encouraged; we hire people who care about and use the product they are working on.
- We’re Bitcoiners: We find solutions that encourage Bitcoin principles. We are often involved in the Bitcoin community through writing, podcasts, conferences, open source projects, and time spent on Twitter to help educate the masses. We love Bitcoin, and it comes through in our daily chats, meetings, and actions.
Join us, become a Swan!
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RNDQuMjEyLjk2Ljg2M