Status is building the tools and infrastructure for the advancement of a secure, private, and open web3.
With the high level goals of preserving the right to privacy, mitigating the risk of censorship, and promoting economic trade in a transparent, open manner, Status is building a community where anyone is welcome to join and contribute.
As an organization, Status seeks to push the web3 ecosystem forward through research, creation of developer tools, and support of the open source community.
As a product, Status is an open source, Ethereum-based app that gives users the power to chat, transact, and access a revolutionary world of DApps on the decentralized web. But Status is also building foundational infrastructure for the whole Ethereum ecosystem, including the Nimbus ETH 1.0 and 2.0 clients, the Keycard hardware wallet, and the Waku messaging protocol (a continuation of Whisper).
As a team, Status has been completely distributed since inception. Our team is currently 150+ core contributors strong, and welcomes a growing number of community members from all walks of life, scattered all around the globe.
We care deeply about open source, and our organizational structure has minimal hierarchy and no fixed work hours. We believe in working with a high degree of autonomy while supporting the organization's priorities.
We are theVac RFC process unit.
Our focus is crafting precise and robust specifications.
Working closely with researchers and engineers, we translate research outcomes and software into clear specifications.
Our meticulous approach ensures that software components adhere to rigorous standards.
Through clear communication and optimization of our processes, we pave the way for successful interoperable implementations.
We drive excellence in specifications with an interative process inspired by the IETF.
We are seeking a skilled Specification Editor to collaborate with researchers and engineers in transforming research results and software into precise specifications.
You will play a key role in refining specifications through iterative stages.
Strong technical writing, attention to detail, and cross-functional collaboration are essential for success in this role.
- Edit existing (protocol) specifications bringing them to a high coherent language standard
- Compile and write new specifications based on existing documentation and discussion with the team.
- Make sure specifications adhere to1/COSS.
- Engage in improving our standardization process.
- Edit research log posts and scientific papers bringing them to high language standards.
You ideally will have:
- A passion for blockchain technology, privacy-preserving technology and decentralization.
- A strong English language background and/or English is your native language.
- A linguistics or computer science degree.
- Strong writing and proofreading skills.
- Experience with writing and editing network protocol related specifications.
- Experience with writing and editing scientific publications.
- Great attention to detail.
- Contributed to IETF RFCs or other open standards.
- Contributed to a blockchain-related, open source project.
- In in the Ethereum community.