We are looking for an experienced Backend Engineer to join our Tech Team. This individual will play a leading role in maintaining, refining, and growing Autograph’s APIs and core services. Autograph’s backend infrastructure touches a large array of technologies and you will be responsible not just for code but overall project direction and growth. This is foundational work that will help drive us towards building a world-class Web3 platform experience.
- Feature development for core infrastructure and APIs. Everything from ideation to deployment. This work includes architecture planning (on the monolith, microservice, etc), integration, actually writing code, making sure it gets tested, and seeing it through to deployment. (not necessarily on your own).
- Maintenance and scaling of our existing services. We have a backend which interacts with a plethora of services and platforms (everything from partner APIs to blockchains), encodes media in numerous ways, leverages queueing to manage real-time IPFS pinning and token minting, etc.
- Staying up to speed on latest technologies (software and infrastructure/DevOps).
- Contribute to conversations around scaling and growing our services. A lot of what we do is new or novel in some way and as a result undocumented or unknown, you are expected to want to explore those things. Document them after.
- Work in collaboration with UX engineers and product managers to implement platform requirements.
- Write robust, scalable, well-designed software that is easy to maintain and well tested
- Push and refine our proprietary technologies, platforms, and creative practices
- You have 5-7 years of experience building APIs and backend services using Nodejs/Typescript/MongoDB (or similar technologies).
- You have experience developing and/or integrating decentralized technologies, infrastructure, and data systems
- You know how to use git and version control, and why
- You want to scale complicated things and work on web3
- You can drive and execute several initiatives simultaneously
- You take ownership of everything you do and have opinions on the features you’re working on (and maybe even the state of web3)
- Open communication and collaboration skills
- Adaptable and accountable in a dynamic environment
- Commitment to long term impact
- You have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, HCI, Engineering, or equivalent practical experience
- Entrepreneurial spirit and team oriented
- Previous startup experience
- You care about documentation and testing
We have an established targeted compensation range for this role. Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across different U.S. geographic markets. Salary ranges are determined by role and level, and pay will vary based on location. The anticipated salary range for this position is $160,000.00 - $200,000.00 annually. Within the range, individual starting pay may vary based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as experience, skills, and qualifications, in addition to location.
This role is eligible to participate in Autograph’s equity plan and the following benefits programs: medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, paid sick time, paid parental leave, and paid personal time off.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMzQuMjI5LjYzLjI4M
This job is closed
Compensation: $160k - $200k
Location: CA Santa Monica, California, United States
This job is closed
Benefits: Vision Insurance, Medical Insurance
Receive similar jobs: