Job Title: French/Spanish Translator
Division: Translation Pool, External Affairs Bureau
Number of Vacancies: 4
Role Nature: Voluntary (unpaid)
Time Requirements: ad hoc (A meeting may last up to two hours)
The Blockchain & Climate Institute (BCI) is an international volunteers-led think tank supporting and advocating the application of blockchain technology in the global fight against climate change.
We are looking for professional Translators/Interpreters VOLUNTEERS with excellent oral and writing skills who can have proficiency in both English and French/Spanish on a C1 level or higher. Translators/Interpreters may agree to participate in the translation work at certain events upon request, dependent on their availability.
Your responsibilities (dependent on your work stream) will include the following:
- Reporting to the Translation Manager and providing written translation and live interpretation during meetings with foreign stakeholders;
- Translating minutes, reports, and formal letters;
- Answering language-related queries and assisting our developing country service users who require language support;
- Cooperating with other volunteers on ad hoc projects.
Skills & Abilities
- C1 or higher proficiency in English and French/Spanish/Spanish
- Experience translating from French/Spanish into English and vice versa
- Strong in written communication, editing, and proofreading
- Close attention to detail;
- Excellent organizational skills.
General & Specialist Knowledge
- Advanced Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook;
- Basic knowledge of Trello and Microsoft Teams;
- Some knowledge of topics central to the BCI such as climate change, climate finance, and blockchain technology preferred.
Education & Training
- A relevant degree or training in Languages or Communications is preferred.
- 2+ years experience as a Translator/Interpreter;
- Experience in providing virtual interpretation on appropriate platforms;
- Experience in working independently and with teams to meet deadlines in a timely manner.
This is a significant first step to gaining experience for an industry change into climate action and/or emerging tech. It is also a great opportunity for those wanting to take some time to get involved in changing the world and work with like-minded people.
Blockchain and other emerging technologies. Climate change and sustainability. These are two hot topic groups that have been headlining media outlets, dominating conferences & events, and gaining increasing traction in research and pilot projects. BCI is here as an expert platform to help governments, inter-governmental and regional organizations as well as relevant corporates to negotiate the complex landscape of emerging technologies for environmental good. We cement our expertise by putting in the hard work in researching, identifying, and analyzing the applications of emerging technologies so that informed decisions can be made by the stakeholders in the climate change and action network.
The BCI Communications team aims to tell the BCI story and our role in driving innovation to mitigate climate change and create a cleaner and greener future. As a think-tank and advocacy group for such a major issue, we understand the importance of being a credible expert and advisor which is why it is essential to demonstrate our research-driven approach to the relevant stakeholders.
Benefits you will get from volunteering with BCI are enormous and some include:
- You will hone or learn new skills including research, presentation, writing, professional etiquette,
- Your mind will be mentally stimulated, hence providing you with a sense of purpose;
- You will advance and boost your professional career by helping you to make professional connections and giving you real-world experience at the intersection between climate and emerging technologies; and
- Help you develop long-lasting professional relationships with others. People who come together to make the world a better place forge a close connection.
Before you apply
Candidates must submit their CVs, cover letters, and contact details through this platform. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to take a simple written test and attend selection interviews online.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMy4yMzUuNjAuMTk3M
This job is closed
Compensation: $63k - $100k *
Location: United Kingdom
This job is closed
Receive similar jobs: