Volunteer Lead | Devconnect
- You feel passionate about leading large groups towards a common goal — you love to be a leader & you love to delegate.
- You love events and all that they entail: high pressure, short timeline, long days & nights, unexpected issues, and the ability to positively impact thousands of attendees’ experiences through your hard work.
- Willing to assist in events where there is a shortage of staff — you jump into action when there is a gap that needs filling, even if the task is not volunteer-related.
- Inspired by the expectation that events hosted by EF should be of the highest quality.
- You are experienced in managing large groups of people and are prepared to lead 70-100 individuals toward a common goal.
- Experience working with spreadsheets & able to coordinate shifts based on Volunteer availability.
- Good at managing expectations: being able to motivate unpaid volunteers to work hard towards a common goal.
- Have great people and communication skills — this position will require frequent checking in & confirming availability with Volunteers.
- Flexible, patient, and effective while working under pressure with hard deadlines & unknown issues that may arise.
- Have an ownership mentality. When you take on a task, you get it done well & on time.
- Fluent in English (writing & speaking). Turkish could be a plus.
- Able to work with a multicultural team.
- The exact time commitment plan can be discussed, but we estimate this role will require part-time (avg 10hrs/week) starting mid-June 2023, increasing to full-time in October 2023 as we near Devconnect.
- Have a valid passport and be able to travel to Turkey from November 10-22.
- Able to meet and respond to messages at varying hours of the day to accommodate a globally-located, remote team across time zones (largely based in the Americas and European time zones).
- Able to respond to messages around-the-clock during the Devconnect week in cases where issues arise or events are understaffed.
- Being prepared to work long nights/weekends if necessary, especially leading up to and during the event.
- This will be a contractor->
- Our team and this position are fully remote (except being in-person during Devconnect).
- We use project management and communication tools such as Notion, Telegram, Discord, Google Docs, etc. You will be expected to gain familiarity with them (though prior experience is not necessary)
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMy4yMzguMTgwLjE3NAM
This job is closed
This job is closed
Receive similar jobs: