About the Company
Gemini is a global crypto and Web3 platform founded by Tyler Winklevoss and Cameron Winklevoss in 2014. Gemini offers a wide range of crypto products and services for individuals and institutions in over 70 countries.
Our flagship product, the Gemini Exchange, was built to be a compliant and secure platform to buy, sell, and store crypto. Our suite of retail products includes ActiveTrader, a high-performance platform for advanced traders. Gemini also offers the Gemini Credit Card providing real-time crypto rewards, the Gemini dollar (GUSD), a U.S. dollar-backed stablecoin, and Gemini Staking, allowing users to securely stake their tokens on-chain and receive rewards. Nifty Gateway, Gemini's NFT platform, is the world's premier marketplace for NFTs and digital art.
Gemini customers also have access to a wide range of institutional products tailor-made for high-net-worth individuals, asset and wealth managers, and hedge funds and liquidity providers seeking exposure to crypto. Customers looking to place large orders can use Gemini eOTC, a fully-electronic over-the-counter trading platform built for high-value bulk orders. For wealth management professionals, we offer a unique destination for their clientsâ crypto portfolios from a single platform, and we enable fully electronic clearing and settlement of off-exchange crypto trades.
The Role: VP, Gemini India
Gemini is where innovation, speed to delivery, and big ideas are celebrated. We are builders who are inventing the future of finance via crypto and Web3 driven innovation. We are in the process of establishing our Gemini development center in Gurgaon (Gurugram), India with plans to begin recruitment by the end of April 2023. We are hiring software engineers and technical product managers in this location along with other key roles, including human resources and talent acquisition, finance, support, and compliance.
This is a key moment in Geminiâs expansion into a truly global company. Over the last few years, India has become one of the most dynamic and tech-forward markets in the world, with a rapidly evolving talent pool developing skill sets that have made India a vibrant hub for building in crypto and fintech. We are excited for this next step as a company and we will be actively seeking out the best talent in the market to join us on our mission!
- Build Team & Culture: Build a customer-obsessed organization which is technically deep and constantly innovates on behalf of customers with high speed and a sense of urgency. A Leader in this role will be required to build and lead a world class team of software engineers, engineering managers/leaders, and product managers.
- Entrepreneurial spirit: Evaluate new product opportunities via market research, compliance posture, product reviews, competitive analysis, metrics analysis, customer/user reviews and technical diligence. A Leader in this role will own PnL responsibilities for areas of ownership and smooth transition from concept to engineering delivery.
- Be the change agent: This role requires someone who can adapt and pivot quickly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so do our priorities and customer expectations. Someone in this role will own and manage such change across the organization with a positive attitude and strong communication.
- Own and influence Business Strategy: A Leader in this role will own one or more of Gemini product lines and hence need to be fluent in listening to customers and stakeholders, have a strong pulse of market trends, and the ability to understand compliance and regulation.
- Drive Technology Leverage: Deliver on modular technology services architecture and simplify technology footprint across diverse set of products to create leverage and accelerate time to market.
- Breathes Innovation: Pioneer new ideas for service unification, infinite scalability and extensibility.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related technical field (e.g., mathematics, physics), or equivalent practical experience
- 15+ years of experience in building and operating large-scale technology systems or ideating products from an idea to delivery
- 7+ years of experience in building and leading large technology and product teams
- 5+ years of experience in managing executive-level customer and stakeholder communication
- 5+ years of experience working as a leader in global company with employees in multiple countries
- MBA or equivalent background in accounting or finance.
- Experience with audited and/or regulated software. Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Data-driven decision making with ability to dive deep into data and translate insights into opportunities.
- Strong experience being a builder with good working knowledge of cloud technologies such as Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Prior experience in building highly scalable, extensible technology architectures.
- Prior experience leading geographically diverse teams of software engineers and product managers.
- Ability to think and influence both quantitatively and qualitatively, comfortable with ambiguity.
- Strong and data-oriented written and verbal communication. This role will require writing dense strategy and engineering documents.
- Knowledge of FinTech products or audit, financial and/or risk management products is a strong plus. Exposure and understanding of crypto space will be an added advantage.
- Competitive starting salary
- A discretionary annual bonus
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.