Curve Labs is a team of innovators architecting and developing solutions for the distributed economy. We try to tackle systemic challenges of the Anthropocene by creating, combining, and integrating modular open-source technologies.
The Lab, which launched early 2020, is a registered German limited liability company (GmbH) headquartered in Berlin. Our work currently covers three domains:
- We are a design and development agency that integrates Web3 primitives to digital-native blockchain organizations, a.k.a. “DAOs.” Our clients include an activist coop, a decentralized finance provider, and a complementary currency provider.
- We are social activists that create and advocate for self-sovereign Web3 solutions applied to finance and organizational design. We design and build holistic systems that aim to address both socioeconomic and ecological issues.
- We are hands-on technologists who create infrastructural Web3 building blocks, such as version control, governance, and fundraising systems. We understand that these primitives are crucial for mass adoption of blockchain systems.
Altogether, Curve Labs is an exciting and diverse collaborative network of passionate domain experts navigating the razor edge of innovation. Join us.
Tasks and Workload
- Analyze and keep track of current and emerging Ethereum primitives, libraries, and technologies. Summarize and share relevant research with team members.
- Document and monitor project requirements.
- Provide detailed technical specifications for developer implementation of solutions.
- Account for possible project challenges on constraints including, risks, time, resources and scope. Analyze from different stakeholder perspectives (security, legal, technical...)
- Propose and establish tasks for necessary contributions from team members to achieve the specification. Help draft professional, client-facing proposals detailing process and implementation.
- Ideate and iterate on systems architecture diagramming and documentation.
- Work closely with project teams to monitor progress. Implement practical experiments to discover and solve architectural conflicts. Propose solutions and adjustments as necessary.
- Define clear architectural goals for a project and advise execution.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- High educational degree (Masters or above) in a related field.
- Min 1-2 years of Solidity/Ethereum development with ability to ship high quality, well-written code. Knowledge of continuous integration tools and blockchain management tools (Truffle or Hardhat).
- Experience drafting requirements, designing systems architectures, and writing technical specifications. In general: a superb writer and able to convey complex ideas clearly and a keen eye for detail.
- Fascination with the development of decentralized applications. Experience in a fast-paced, rapidly changing blockchain environment.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively across diverse timezones in a remote/distributed software development team.
- Independently able to set and execute on priorities. Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Interest and willingness to learn in systems dynamics, cybernetics, decentralized finance, game theory / mechanism design, network theory and social choice.
- Commitment to open-source as a philosophy.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Involvement in a token engineering, decentralized finance, or decentralized governance community or ecosystem, or familiarity with the field of cybernetics.
- Berlin located (not required, but we’d love to spend time with you in person!)