Accounting Policy, Processes & Controls Lead
Full-Time - Remote
Apply for this job
At Anchorage Digital, we are building the world’s most advanced digital asset platform for institutions to participate in crypto.
Founded in 2017, Anchorage Digital is a regulated crypto platform that provides institutions with integrated financial services and infrastructure solutions. With the first federally chartered crypto bank in the US, Anchorage Digital offers institutions an unparalleled combination of secure custody, regulatory compliance, product breadth, and client service. We’re looking to diversify our team with people who are humble, creative, and eager to learn.
We are a remote friendly, global team, but provide the option of working in-office in New York City, Sioux Falls, Porto, Lisbon, and Singapore. For our colleagues not located near our beautiful offices, we encourage and sponsor quarterly in-person collaboration days to work together and further deepen our Village.
The Accounting Policy, Processes & Controls Lead role is responsible for working cross-functionally to identify, implement and maintain appropriate accounting policies and to enhance processes and controls for Anchorage Digital’s existing and emerging business lines. This includes collaborating with cross-functional teams and researching, evaluating, and documenting technical accounting implications of new products and services, general corporate accounting matters and non-standard transactions to enhance the accounting organization’s control environment, support the company’s growth and prepare the company for an eventual successful IPO.
In this role, you will be responsible for spearheading the company’s accounting policy function and being a subject matter expert on technical accounting matters. You will also be responsible for leading the development and maintenance of accounting policies and procedures, monitoring, assessing and communicating the effects of proposed accounting standard changes, as well as leading the implementation of new accounting standards and the development of accounting policies.
You will prepare technical accounting memos for topics including but not limited to CECL adoption, revenue recognition, stock based compensation, lease accounting and internal use software. As a member of the accounting senior leadership team, you will step in when needed to assist on special projects, including identifying and reviewing complex transactions and other accounting matters related to the completion of the annual financial audit.
- You are recognized as an expert within technical accounting and can apply that expertise to have significant influence within and outside the team.
- You demonstrate experience finding the needed balance between progress and perfection (i.e. prioritizing focus on higher materiality accounts).
- You have up-to-date technical knowledge of US GAAP and SOX compliance.
- You have experience researching and documenting accounting issues and applicable accounting standards, along with an ability to read, synthesize and summarize complex documents.
- You not only understand the “why” and the “bigger picture”, but meaningfully contribute to prioritizing the work within the team including direct reports as well as the broader Finance team.
- Familiarity with NetSuite and Carta.
- Familiarity with GAAP accounting standards such as: ASC 606, ASC 326, ASC 718, ASC 842, ASC 740 as well as different types of equity awards and equity programs.
Complexity and Impact of Work:
- Collaborate with process owners to understand the Company’s risks and controls and establish a solid control environment to support our high growth business.
- Work on complex accounting issues where problems are not clearly defined and where fundamental principles or historical precedent may not fully apply.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead and function effectively in the face of uncertainty and ambiguity to reach conclusions and move the business forward.
- Able to represent and be accountable for the output of the accounting team through reviews of material entries prior to finalization of financial reporting, producing high quality output and execution.
- Have a deep knowledge of the strategy of Anchorage and its various business lines. Is actively engaged with different groups to work on understanding historical transactions as well as requirements for executing on go-forward global strategy.
- Collaborate with other leaders across Finance as well as cross-functionally to establish plans for executing on business needs and promote a shared understanding of the needs of Anchorage.
- Work on complex accounting issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the company.
Communication and Influence:
- Able to communicate complex issues clearly and credibly across a wide range of audiences (from junior accountants to auditors to executive management).
- Articulate a clear strategy for your team and communicate across the company effectively.
- Build effective relationships and rapport with stakeholders including other team managers, cross-functional partners, and external partners.
- Communicate, organize and execute on cross-team goals and projects, utilizing relationships and resources cross-functionally to solve problems.
- Independently responsible for all aspects of people management with a record of successfully leading people, teams, projects multiple times in different contexts.
- Provides clear directions and priorities to the team.
- Ensures that knowledge is shared among the team to avoid single points of failure.
- Evaluates team staffing needs, including identifying gaps, defining roles, and managing the process to request additional resources.
- Delegates autonomy of tactical decision-making, but maintains responsibility for accuracy of final output.
You may be a fit for this role if you have:
- You have a CPA and previous experience at a Big 4 public accounting firm.
- Strong communication skills with an ability to synthesize complex information into actionable steps.
- Industry accounting experience, in a high-growth, fast-paced startup environment.
Although not a requirement, bonus points if:
- You've kept up to date with the proliferation of blockchain and crypto innovations.
- You were emotionally moved by the soundtrack to Hamilton, which chronicles the founding of a new financial system. :)
Compensation at Anchorage Digital:
- Compensation at Anchorage Digital is market-driven and data-informed. All full-time employees receive a market-leading salary, meaningful equity, and a generous perks and benefits package.
- Compensation Range: $180,000 to $256,000 - this salary range may be inclusive of multiple regional locations and job grades. This compensation range will be narrowed during the interview process based on skills, abilities, and experience required. ****We partner with third party firms annually to verify equity, cash, benefits, and perks benchmarks. For sales and business development roles, the range provided is the On Target Earnings (“OTE”) which is inclusive of base salary + sales commissions/bonuses targets for the position.
- Benefits: Anchorage Digital is proud to provide market-leading benefits and perks to our employees. We are only 1% of companies who offer 100% health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents. This means no monthly out-of-pocket premiums for you or your family. We offer a wide range of benefits to our employees globally.
- You can learn more about our culture and perks and benefits here.
About Anchorage Digital: Who we are
The Anchorage Village, what we call our team, brings together the brightest minds from platform security, financial services, and distributed ledger technology to provide the building blocks that empower institutions to safely participate in the evolving digital asset ecosystem. As a diverse team of more than 300 members, we are united in one common goal: building the future of finance by providing the foundation upon which value moves safely in the new global economy.
Anchorage Digital is committed to being a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone, and we are intentional about making sure people feel respected, supported, and connected at work—regardless of who you are or where you come from. We value and celebrate our differences and we believe being open about who we are allows us to do the best work of our lives.
Anchorage Digital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status. Anchorage Digital considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with other legal requirements. “Anchorage Digital” refers to services that are offered either through Anchorage Hold, LLC, a Delaware limited liability company and registered Money Services Business, Anchorage Digital Bank National Association, an OCC-chartered national trust bank, or Anchorage Lending CA, LLC a finance lender licensed by the California Department of Financial Protection and Innovation, License No. 60DBO-11976, or Anchorage Digital Singapore Pte Ltd, a Singapore private limited company, all wholly-owned subsidiaries of Anchor Labs, Inc., a Delaware corporation.
Apply for this job
Cover Letter / AI Interview⬇