About the Company
Gemini is a global crypto and Web3 platform founded by Tyler Winklevoss and Cameron Winklevoss in 2014. Gemini offers a wide range of crypto products and services for individuals and institutions in over 70 countries.
Our flagship product, the Gemini Exchange, was built to be a compliant and secure platform to buy, sell, and store crypto. Our suite of retail products includes ActiveTrader, a high-performance platform for advanced traders. Gemini also offers the Gemini Credit Card providing real-time crypto rewards, the Gemini dollar (GUSD), a U.S. dollar-backed stablecoin, and Gemini Staking, allowing users to securely stake their tokens on-chain and receive rewards. Nifty Gateway, Gemini's NFT platform, is the world's premier marketplace for NFTs and digital art.
Gemini customers also have access to a wide range of institutional products tailor-made for high-net-worth individuals, asset and wealth managers, and hedge funds and liquidity providers seeking exposure to crypto. Customers looking to place large orders can use Gemini eOTC, a fully-electronic over-the-counter trading platform built for high-value bulk orders. For wealth management professionals, we offer a unique destination for their clientsâ crypto portfolios from a single platform, and we enable fully electronic clearing and settlement of off-exchange crypto trades.
Data and analytics are central to all of our business functions and drive many of our most important decisions at Gemini. The Analytics team is responsible for data architecture, data engineering, business intelligence, machine learning, and data governance functions that shape the way data is stored and leveraged across Gemini. Data engineers and Machine Learning engineers make up the Analytics team are responsible for building the primary decision support system that derives continuous value by enabling individuals and various functional groups to make data driven informed decisions via our reliable data processes, data products and advanced analytics ability. The projects executed by the team cover a wide-range of topics including user acquisition and customer journey, cryptocurrency performance, product analytics, order book analytics, risk analytics, enabling automated and scalable blockchain based reconciliation systems, building predictive models all the way to enabling anomaly and fraud detection.
The Role: Associate Data Engineer II
As a member of our data engineering team, youâll shape the way we approach data at Gemini by using your engineering, analytical and communication skills to work with teams across the business. You know how to ask the right questions and are passionate about using data to support and drive informed business decisions. You are ready to roll up your sleeves and are excited to take on challenging opportunities and projects. Youâll mentor data engineers and analysts and guide our internal teams to use data to improve the product and achieve KPIs. Communicating your insights with leaders across the organization is paramount to success.
- Design, automate, build, and launch scalable, efficient and reliable data pipelines into production using Python
- Design, build and enhance dimensional models for Data Warehouse and BI solutions
- Research new tools and technologies to improve existing processes
- Work closely with data analysts to understand data integration and modeling requirements
- Develop new systems and tools to enable the teams to consume and understand data more intuitively
- Perform root cause analysis and resolve production and data issues
- Create test plans, test scripts and perform data validation
- Tune SQL queries, reports and ETL pipelines
- Build and maintain data dictionary and process documentation
- Takes ownership and can work autonomously
- 2+ years experience in data engineering with data warehouse technologies
- 2+ years experience in custom ETL design, implementation and maintenance
- 2+ years experience with schema design and dimensional data modeling
- Advanced skills with Python and SQL are a must
- Experience with one or more MPP databases(Redshift, Bigquery, Snowflake, etc)
- Experience with one or more ETL frameworks (Custom, DBT, Databricks, etc)
- Strong computer science fundamentals including data structures and algorithms
- Strong software engineering skills in any server side language, preferable Python
- Experienced in working collaboratively across different teams and departments
- Strong technical and business communication
- Spark, HDFS/S3, Messaging, Cloud computing (especially AWS) experience is a plus
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment
- Knowledge and experience of blockchain, financial markets, banking or exchanges
- Knowledge of working with BI applications (Tableau/Looker/Power BI, etc)
- Competitive starting salary
- A discretionary annual bonus
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.