About the Company
Gemini is a global crypto and Web3 platform founded by Tyler Winklevoss and Cameron Winklevoss in 2014. Gemini offers a wide range of crypto products and services for individuals and institutions in over 70 countries.
Our flagship product, the Gemini Exchange, was built to be a compliant and secure platform to buy, sell, and store crypto. Our suite of retail products includes ActiveTrader, a high-performance platform for advanced traders. Gemini also offers the Gemini Credit Card providing real-time crypto rewards, the Gemini dollar (GUSD), a U.S. dollar-backed stablecoin, and Gemini Staking, allowing users to securely stake their tokens on-chain and receive rewards. Nifty Gateway, Gemini's NFT platform, is the world's premier marketplace for NFTs and digital art.
Gemini customers also have access to a wide range of institutional products tailor-made for high-net-worth individuals, asset and wealth managers, and hedge funds and liquidity providers seeking exposure to crypto. Customers looking to place large orders can use Gemini eOTC, a fully-electronic over-the-counter trading platform built for high-value bulk orders. For wealth management professionals, we offer a unique destination for their clientsâ crypto portfolios from a single platform, and we enable fully electronic clearing and settlement of off-exchange crypto trades.
The Department:Nifty Gateway
Nifty Gateway is the premiere, all-in-one platform that makes it easy to buy, sell, and store digital art and collectibles, otherwise known as Nifties (or NFTs). Nifty Gateway was founded by Duncan and Griffin Cock Foster in 2018, and acquired by Gemini in 2019, with the belief that crypto networks and the blockchain have the power to fundamentally change the art world by creating greater choice, independence, and opportunity for artists, creators, and collectors.
The Role: Associate Data Engineer II
As a member of our engineering team, youâll be involved to architect and solve complex problems that will directly influence the direction of the digital asset space. We have a strong culture of code reviews, and a focus on security, with the end goal of writing and shipping high-quality code by getting things right the first time. We want to continue building the best product we can as we scale and grow our business. If you get excited about solving technical challenges that directly impact our customers, clients, and the rest of the Gemini team, weâd love to hear from you. The role of Associate Data Engineer II will help to develop and support data discovery, reporting and scripting in Geminiâs data warehouse and data visualization services, providing insight to assist customer and product decisions at Nifty Gateway.
- Support new products and product features on the Nifty Gateway platform, as part of a tight knit team.
- Partner with Product Managers, and business leaders to develop business and product dashboards to provide insights for product operations and business outcomes.
- Provide technical input and knowledge to the planning, design, and requirements process for new products and features.
- Improve the performance, maintainability, and operations of the Nifty Gateway data analytics products to ensure continuity of business operations.
- Bachelorâs Degree in computer science, computer engineering, data science or equivalent.
- 2 years experience in data engineering, data analytics and data processing fields.
- Experience in SQL, Python, or equivalent data technologies.
- Experience in data warehouse, data lake and data visualization services.
- A customer and product-focused mindset, with the ability to make well-reasoned tradeoffs between speed and quality.
- Strong understanding of database and data warehouse concepts.
- Learning to work collaboratively on a team and communicate in meetings.
- Effectively communicates work status to teammates and manager.
- Proactively asks questions and reaches out for help when stuck.
- Voices concerns or need for clarification to their manager.
- Accepts feedback graciously and learns from experience.
- Competitive base salary
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Discretionary equity
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.