It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic ecosystem, developing unique financial products, including Afterpay/Clearpay, to provide a better way to send, spend, invest, borrow and save to our 47 million monthly active customers. We want to redefine the world’s relationship with money to make it more relatable, instantly available, and universally accessible.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers.
As the Bitcoin Investigations Lead, you will oversee a team of analysts responsible for detecting and reporting potentially suspicious activity, track trends and key risks, and utilize investigative tools to assess and combat financial crimes risk on the Cash App platform. You will work cross-functionally to design and implement innovative measures for investigations, contribute toward risk mitigation strategies, and identify tools and technologies to support your team’s workflows and overall effectiveness. You will help create and manage a highly effective program that demonstrates compliance with all applicable laws and regulations in a dynamic and evolving financial services space.
- Oversee the Bitcoin investigations team which will include oversight over training, hiring, coaching, and managing staff
- Work with other Compliance leads to guide strategic planning on team growth, organizational structure, focus areas, and quarterly goals
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures applicable to the team, including iterating on existing workflows to streamline and improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Work with other Compliance Team members to develop technical specifications for tool enhancements or new tool build-out
- Understand regulatory landscape and compliance requirements; with emphasis on applicable BSA/AML requirements around virtual currencies and for the detection of potentially suspicious activity
- Provide guidance, insight and act as an escalation point for your team of analysts as they perform investigations and make recommendations, draft and file suspicious activity reports
- Manage SLAs and deadlines to meet KPIs, goals and internal benchmarks
- 8+ years in BSA/AML Compliance or Financial Crimes/Fraud/Risk roles
- 5+ years of experience managing teams responsible for conducting investigations and filing Suspicious Activity Reports
- 2+ years of experience with investigations involving virtual currencies using blockchain analysis tools
- Strong knowledge and expertise of AML regulations, risks and typologies, specifically around virtual currencies
- Strong experience in executing and running a sound operational program
- Excellent written communication skills that demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy
- An ability to handle sensitive directives and work with team members and stakeholders of all levels
- An ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adjust quickly
Nice to Have:
- Industry certifications (CAMS, CFE, CFCS, CRCM)
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $184,100 - USD $225,000
Zone B: USD $171,200 - USD $209,200
Zone C: USD $162,000 - USD $198,000
Zone D: USD $152,700 - USD $186,700
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Full-time employee benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage (Medical, Vision and Dental insurance)
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off (including 12 paid holidays)
- Paid sick leave (1 hour per 26 hours worked (max 80 hours per calendar year to the extent legally permissible) for non-exempt employees and covered by our Flexible Time Off policy for exempt employees)
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D, and disability benefits
- Additional Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
These benefits are further detailed in Block's policies. This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
US and Canada EEOC Statement
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMy4yMzUuNjAuMTk3M