WalletConnect is the de facto web3 communications protocol allowing interoperability between wallets and dapps across chains. We began with a single API and now facilitate millions of messages and connections each month. Today we’re building a suite of web3 SDKs including Web3Modal, Web3Wallet, Web3Inbox and more with a mission of empowering developers to build engaging web3 experiences so that as an industry, we can reach the next 100 million crypto users.
We’ve raised $25 million from some of the world’s best crypto and infrastructure investors such as Union Square Ventures, 1kx, Shopify, Coinbase Ventures, Circle Ventures, and Uniswap Labs Ventures. Founded in 2018 by Pedro Gomes, we are a global, remote-first team that values openness, simplicity, generating impact and ownership.
We are now looking for a BD Manager reporting to our COO Jess Houlgrave to help us expand our market share through product-led growth.
This hire is the first into our new BD team - expected to grow over time, this team will focus on strategy and activities to drive adoption of our entire product suite across new and existing users.
Responsible for generating ideas and BD strategy, building pipelines and managing inbound and outbound leads this person will also work closely with existing WalletConnect users on adoption of new products. They’ll partner with our strategy team to develop ideas and inform our GTM approach, our marketing team to ensure seamless messaging and of course our DevRel, product and engineering teams so that we can use feedback from the market to inform our product development.
This person has experience in business development in early stage products. They will have strong technical understanding of the crypto ecosystem - for example they may be in a sales engineering role or may have an engineering background. They’ll have excellent communication skills and be able to tailor their >
- Drive the first 100 sales for each of our products
- Represent WalletConnect at crypto and industry events around the world to build sales pipelines and close user acquisition
- Identify, build and maintain relationships with key users and decision makers across the industry
- Partner with DevRel, Product and Engineering teams to provide feedback from the market especially in the alpha and beta stages of product development
- Work closely with DevRel and Marketing to develop user value propositions and build strong sales collateral that covers our whole product portfolio
- Create ideas for, and execute partnership opportunities that can act as channels for user acquisition and product adoption
- Has experience selling a product to the first 100 users, discovering market needs, providing feedback to product and engineering teams to help find product market fit
- Understands product led growth and can build business development strategies that cover full customer lifecycle
- Has a strong technical background and understanding of crypto and web3 and is in tune with relevant projects and industry developments across the web3 space
- Is able to collaborate with our marketing and DevRel teams to refine our product value propositions and understands the importance of user stories to demonstrate our impact
- Can develop strategies and ideas for new user acquisition and execute on go-to-market for these segments
- Is able to communicate with a diverse circle of users and customers from developers in start-ups to C-suite executives
- Excellent organization and project management skills to fit into fast product development and launch cycles
- Experience using a range of tools such as Hubspot, Preset, GSuite, Deepnote or similar to both collate and structure data and also to inform decision making
- Can identify where processes can be improved and collaborate to implement changes
- Desire and ability to travel and attend relevant conferences as needed
- Fully remote position with a budget for your home office or work environment
- Regular team offsites to amazing places around the world
- Generous PTO and parental leave
- Meaningful Learning and Development budget
- Competitive compensation package including salary, equity and possibly tokens
- If you’re in the US, we’ll also cover your healthcare
- The chance to build and grow with one of the most recognised companies in Web3 and have fun while we do it
WalletConnect is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and experiences. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RNDQuMjIwLjI0OS4xNDEM