Whatnot is a livestream shopping platform and marketplace backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Y Combinator, and CapitalG. We’re building the future of ecommerce, bringing together community, shopping and entertainment. We are committed to our values, whether working remotely or from one of our offices. We are building a team that hasexperience from top tech, retail and payments platforms in the world.
We’re innovating in the fast-paced world of live auctions in categories including sports, fashion, video games, and streetwear. The platform couples rigorous seller vetting with a focus on community to create a welcoming space for buyers and sellers to share their passions with others.
And, we’re growing. Whatnot has been the fastest growing marketplace in the US over the past two years and we’re hiring forward-thinking problem solvers across all functional areas.
📈 Opportunity Size
Retail disruption is one of the largest opportunities in the startup space today. Livestream shopping is taking off around the world –a $300B GMV market in China that’s grown 100% YoY. Whatnot is bringing it to the world through a community-first approach, starting in the U.S. where retail is a $5T market opportunity!
💻 The Role
The Business Operations Manager plays a significant role in building the functions to unlock growth and help the Company scale. Working directly with Whatnot's leadership team, this role will work cross-functionally to lead large, critical initiatives and solve complicated, unstructured problems.
This role is a terrific introduction to Whatnot, and allows impactful individuals to learn about the business while contributing to a variety of high-impact, critical initiatives.
- Lead cross-functional projects to scale functions and capabilities
- Proactively identify inhibitors to growth
- Define and measure critical important metrics
- Drive efficiency and transparency in processes
- Ensure roles and personnel are aligned to objectives
Curious about who thrives at Whatnot? We’ve found that low ego, a growth mindset, and leaning into action and high impact goes a long way here.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, or related field
- 5-6+ years experience in consulting, investment banking/private equity, or a fast-growing startup
- Eager for new opportunities and challenges
- Curious to learn about different parts of the business and how to pull certain levers to grow faster
- Fast-paced, requires little oversight to deliver
- Proven leadership and relationship-building skills
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems using data and process improvement
- Able to move remarkably fast with little structure, guidance
🙏 Nice to Have
- Experience working on a marketplace or a two-sided platform.
- Experience or passion for buying and selling in online marketplaces communities
- SQL & Dashboard experience
- Competitive base salary and stock options
- Unlimited Vacation Policy and Company-wide Holidays (including a spring and winter break)
- Health Insurance options including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short term disability & Long term Disability
- Whatnot covers 99% of employee premium costs, and 75% of dependent care premiums for Medical
- Dental and Vision sponsored 100% by Whatnot for employees and dependents
- Work From Home Support
- Laptop provided by Whatnot and home office setup allowance
- $450 work-from-anywhere quarterly allowance for cell phone and internet
- Care benefits
- $1,350 quarterly allowance on food
- $1,500 quarterly allowance for wellness
- 16 weeks Paid Parental Leave and gradual return to work
- $5,000 annual allowance towards Childcare
- $20,000 lifetime benefit for family planning, such as adoption or fertility expenses
- Professional Development
- $2,000 annual benefit to invest in your professional development
- 401k offering for Traditional and Roth accounts provided by Betterment
- Employer matching contributions of 100% of up to 4% of contributions on base salary
Whatnot is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, parental status, disability status, or any other status protected by local law. We believe that our work is better and our company culture is improved when we encourage, support, and respect the different skills and experiences represented within our workforce.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RNDQuMjIwLjI0OS4xNDEM
This job is closed
Location: CA Los Angeles, California, United States
This job is closed
Benefits: 401k, Dental Insurance, Medical Insurance, Unlimited Vacation
Receive similar jobs: