It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic ecosystem, developing unique financial products, including Afterpay/Clearpay, to provide a better way to send, spend, invest, borrow and save to our 47 million monthly active customers. We want to redefine the world’s relationship with money to make it more relatable, instantly available, and universally accessible.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers.
Cash App Studios is looking for a senior team member to focus on the creative development of new content and activations. The role will work to develop digital content plans, strategic proposals, and experiential activations that align with Cash App Studios’ editorial and business propositions.
We are looking for a Content Programs, Lead that is focused on building thoughtful, innovative, and best in class content programming and brand activations for Cash App Studios in New York City. As part of the Life>
- Develop a strategic framework for assessing and implementing content and programs that grow loyal audiences, Cash App brand awareness, and cultural equity
- Develop and manage the end-to-end program calendar across all Cash App Studios content streams, leveraging existing plans, cultural moments and audience data and analytics to maximize the value of programming
- Effectively project manage across diverse creative, editorial, and partnerships organizations on creation of new business concepts
- Leverage cross-functional opportunities to amplify plans from individual lines of business by programming to audiences across multiple platforms, where appropriate
- Define and track relevant KPIs and targets, aligned to relevant longer-term plans across the business
- Partner with the creative team to direct editorial standards and copy guidelines across all editorial touchpoints, ensuring a consistent voice, tone, and level of quality
- Identify gaps and opportunities in content programming and work across the organization to develop strategies that deliver shared goals
- Professionally represent editorial strategy, rationale and decisions to Cash App’s external partners and internal collaborators
- Develop Cash App Studios editorial policy and proactively implement a robust system of content optimization, internal controls and risk management processes to ensure compliance with Cash App company policies
- Partner closely with brand & marketing and communications teams to build support plans for top business priorities/initiatives
- 7+ years in editorial, content development, event management, or role equivalent fields, within an emphasis on content strategy
- You have an exceptional ability to present to organizational leadership, senior external executives, and to build large-scale campaign plans, and industry facing communication
- You have a deep understanding of building and curating editorial content strategy, identifying talent for original content, curating and producing assets, and planning cross-platform distribution that drive unique engagement and performance metrics
- You keep up with cultural moments, trends, and pop culture across music, fashion, and sports to identify strategic opportunities and moments that amplify the brand value of programming
- You have a deep passion for working with the artist and creator community, as well as industry partners
- You genuinely enjoy creating original content programs that deliver on brand values and promise, build loyalty across audiences, and maximize reach and influence
- You have demonstrated the ability to use data, research, and storytelling techniques to craft and deliver coherent narratives and steady drumbeat of compelling, high-quality content
- You have proven experience in working in a dynamic and ever changing business landscape with exceptional ability to build and maintain strong relationships — influencing and operationalizing key strategic initiatives
- You have demonstrated ability to balance multiple priorities while maintaining clear communication and high detail orientation
- You are passionate about fostering and working as part of a diverse and inclusive team
- You have strong budget management and operational skills
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $167,300 - USD $204,500
Zone B: USD $155,600 - USD $190,200
Zone C: USD $147,200 - USD $180,000
Zone D: USD $138,900 - USD $169,700
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Full-time employee benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage (Medical, Vision and Dental insurance)
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off (including 12 paid holidays)
- Paid sick leave (1 hour per 26 hours worked (max 80 hours per calendar year to the extent legally permissible) for non-exempt employees and covered by our Flexible Time Off policy for exempt employees)
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D, and disability benefits
- Additional Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
These benefits are further detailed in Block's policies. This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
US and Canada EEOC Statement
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMTguMjA2LjEzLjIwMwM