Figure is transforming the trillion dollar financial services industry using blockchain technology.
In three short years, Figure has unveiled a series of fintech firsts using the Provenance blockchain for loan origination, equity management, private fund services, banking and payments sectors - bringing speed, efficiency and savings to both consumers and institutions. Today, Figure is one of less than a thousand companies considered a unicorn, globally.
Our mission requires us to have a creative, team-oriented, and supportive environment where everyone can do their absolute best. The team is composed of driven, innovative, collaborative, and curious people who love architecting ground-breaking technologies. We value individuals who bring an entrepreneurial mindset to every task and will embrace our culture of innovation.
Every day at Figure is a journey in continuous learning yet a daily focus on getting work done that makes a difference. Join a team of proven leaders who have already created billions of dollars in value in the FinTech space!
Forbes America’s Best Startup Employers
Forbes Top 50 Blockchain Companies
Figure Series D Announcement
About the Role
We’re looking for a Paralegal to join our growing team! This role will play a key role in organizing and maintaining the legal filing system and corporate entity database, supporting counsel in financial transactions, supporting the legal team in responding to complaints and subpoenas, and providing support for the contract review process and the maintenance and expansion of the contract management platform.
What You’ll Do
- Organize and maintain an efficient legal filing system and corporate entity database and manage the retention, categorization, and storage of executed agreements, entity formation documents, and litigation documents to ensure consistency through different company platforms.
- Support the legal contract management process by tracking and driving the contract lifecycle from review to execution driving the document cross-functionally to ensure the agreement is reviewed and approved by all relevant parties internally and externally.
- Support the legal team in all aspects of deal flows (i.e. drafting ancillary documents, compiling corporate certificates, coordinating document execution, tracking covenant deliveries, and amendments)
- Support the legal team in interpreting and identifying key provisions and timelines in various documents (i.e. financial agreements, vendor agreements, litigation documents)
- Support legal team in reviewing and gathering responses for counsel to respond to complaints and other filings as well as preparing submissions to state and federal regulators in response to subpoenas (collaborating cross-functionally to obtain information, preparing documents for production, etc.)
- Collaborate with the legal, compliance, capital markets, product, finance and operations teams to research, assist with project management and scheduling
- Research and respond to corporate-oriented inquiries and requests
- Support periodic and ad hoc regulatory reporting and related internal processes
- Assist with special projects while interacting cross-functionally with other departments
What We Look For
- 2+ years previous corporate and general litigation experience; previous experience at a financial services, technology or law firm a plus
- Experience in maintaining corporate entity databases and formation and dissolution of entities
- Experience in identifying and interpreting key provisions in contracts and familiarity with asset-based financing agreements
- Experience in preparing submissions to state and federal regulators
- Interest in regulatory law, business, capital markets and technology, with the ability to grasp new concepts quickly
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to anticipate business needs and prioritize accordingly
- Ability to organize voluminous information and multitask in a deadline driven environment
- Ability to work both independently and as a contributing team member
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Accustomed to making decisions with little supervision or direction with a “can-do, make-it-happen” attitude
- Ability and confidence to thrive in a fast paced, startup environment
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary and growth opportunities
- Company quarterly performance based bonus
- Equity stock options package
- Employer funded comprehensive health, vision, dental insurance and wellness program for employees and their dependents
- Employer funded life and disability insurance coverage
- Company HSA, FSA, Dependent Care, 401k, and commuter benefits
- Up to 12 weeks paid family leave
- In office, remote, and hybrid work location options
- Home office and technology stipend for those working outside of a traditional office more than 75% of the time
- Flexible time-off plan to empower employees to take the time off that they want and need
- Continuing education reimbursement
- Routine Team swag deliveries!
Depending on yourresidential locationcertain laws might regulate the way Figure manages applicant data.California Residents, please review ourCalifornia Employee and Prospective Employee Privacy Noticefor further information.By submitting your application, you are agreeing andacknowledgingthat you have read and understand the above notice.
Figure will not sponsor work visas for this position. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP when applying to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human RMy4yMzguOTAuOTUM