Copper is hiring for an ambitious individual to join the new BI Data function. Having established market-leading products with a large client base since our launch in 2018, we are now focused on developing state-of-the-art Data and Analytics capabilities.
We are looking for a candidate who is equally at ease with the operational aspects of the role as they are championing best practices to deliver the insights required to make data driven decisions. You will play an instrumental role in the implementation of a data warehouse and BI visualisation tool and help refine our data strategy.
This is a key hire for Copper, with the potential to make a significant impact. You will have wide-ranging responsibilities to help us execute on our data strategy.
Key Responsibilities of the role
- Develop BI technical architecture, build data models and strategic data services
- ELT Pipelines
- Engage key stakeholders to explain our capabilities, understand their requirements and manage key relationships through effective communication
- Work in collaboration with the data product lead to promote tools adoption and a strong data culture across the company, through relevant frameworks, processes, and training
Your experience, skills and knowledge
- Previous experience as a data engineer
- Significant data warehousing experience (knowledge of and experience with Kimball Dimensional, Data Vault and other related DW methodologies)
- Experience with data warehouse software (e.g. Snowflake, Google BigQuery, Amazon Redshift)
- Experience working with large datasets, building and optimising pipelines and ETL/ELT workflows
- Experience with ingesting a variety of data frequencies (streaming, batch), formats (json, Parquet, Avro, csv) and schemas (structured, semi-structured, unstructured)
- Expert SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases
- Strong analytic skills
- Knowledge, and adoption, of Data Engineering best practices and standards
- Experience with data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Code versioning (Github integration and automation)
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python or R
- Working knowledge of message queuing and stream processing
- Experience with Apache Spark or Similar Technologies
- Experience with Agile and Scrum Technologies
- Familiarity with dbt and Airflow is an advantage
- Experience in Data Management and governance
- Experience working in a start-up or scale up environment
- Experience working in the fields of financial technology, traditional financial services, or blockchain/cryptocurrency
The benefits offered
- Holidays: 27 days per annum paid holiday, in addition to bank holidays
- Bupa Private Medical Insurance: Individual cover under Copper’s Employee Healthcare Scheme
- Bupa Dental Insurance: Individual cover under Copper’s Employee Healthcare Scheme
- Pension up to 10% matched Contribution to our Company Pension Scheme via Smart Pensions
- Home Working Energy Support Scheme
- Cycle to Work
- Life Insurance including mental health support & EAP
- Eye Care
- Sponsored Learning and Development opportunities
- Regular company events and social activities
In return for everything you can bring to Copper, we can offer you an exciting, challenging role in a fast-growing and dynamic business, with career opportunities and welcoming working environment.
If you think you have everything we're looking for and more, then we'd love you to apply for the opportunity.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMzQuMjI5LjYzLjI4M
This job is closed
Compensation: $84k - $100k *
Location: ENG London, England, United Kingdom
This job is closed
Benefits: Dental Insurance, Medical Insurance
Receive similar jobs: