About the Ethereum Foundation:
The Ethereum Foundation (EF) is a global non-profit organization dedicated to supporting Ethereum and related technologies.
The EF is not a company, or even a traditional non-profit. We do not control Ethereum, nor are we the only organization that funds critical development of Ethereum-related technologies. We are part of a large ecosystem of organizations, individuals, and companies that support Ethereum.
Our mission is to do what is best for Ethereum’s long-term success. Our role is to allocate resources to critical projects, to be a valued voice within the Ethereum ecosystem, and to advocate for Ethereum to the outside world.
As part of the DevOps team, you will have the opportunity to make a meaningful impact by providing direct support to the Ethereum ecosystem. You’ll improve collaboration and productivity by automating infrastructure, workflows, and collaborating with the collective of largely independent, international teams researching and developing critical technology for the Ethereum ecosystem.
We’re looking for someone excited with helping Ethereum go through the merge. This position would mainly deal with the DevOps needs for the Consensus Layer clients in the lead up to the merge. This would include maintaining infrastructure for testnets/fuzzers, building custom tooling to help solve problems, and communicating solutions to the wider community. This role demands the ability to work independently with a team-oriented approach. You’ll be joining a truly international team with the majority being based within a European time zone.
We do not work as lone wolves in this team. We encourage group debugging, learning sessions, reaching out to external teams, and sharing knowledge.
While listed as hard requirements, please do reach out even if you are unsure of any points. We promise to make it a pleasant conversation.
- 3+ years of experience as a DevOps, Infrastructure, Site Reliability or Cloud Engineer
- Strong experience working with configuration management tools like Terrraform and Ansible
- Experience working with containers and using them in production systems
- Languages: Any modern programming language (Go, Rust, Python). You might need to write some code or scripts for custom tooling
- Experience working with some of the major public clouds. e.g. AWS, Azure, DigitalOcean
- Competent with the "basics": E.g Linux usage and computer networking
- Self-motivated individual with enthusiasm for learning and building things
- Collaborative, communicative, and confident in their abilities to work well with all team members at all seniority and skill levels
Bonus points for the following:
- Deployed and managed monitoring and alerting systems based on time-series metrics E.g. Prometheus/InfluxDB, Grafana, Alertmanager, etc.
- Understanding of container orchestration platforms like Kubernetes
- Software engineering/development background
- Knowledge of blockchain technology, especially Ethereum
- Running Ethereum client software
- Virtualization management platforms like Proxmox or other hypervisor solutions
In 1 month, you will have:
- Learnt about the Ethereum merge roadmap and all the moving pieces involved
- Gotten an introduction to the Consensus Layer and Execution Layer clients as well as deployed combinations of the clients
- Learnt about the various steps required for setting up a testnet, as well as deployed a private testnet yourself - Potentially with ideas for what to automate
In 6 months, you will have:
- Taken ownership of some aspects of the testnet process, as well as its automation
- Understood the idiosyncrasies of various Execution and Consensus Layer clients
- Built or enhanced our existing monitoring and logging infrastructure
- Helped with deployments and automation for fuzzing infrastructure
- Worked on some custom tooling to help with the merge
- Interacted with other DevOps engineers in the ecosystem and helped share knowledge with the wider community
In 12 months, you will have:
- Gained a deeper understanding of the Ethereum ecosystem
- Mentored future team-members and helped share information within the Ethereum ecosystem
- Become involved in setting priorities for the DevOps team in a post-merge Ethereum world
What we offer:
- Full-time, remote position
- Flexible work hours
- Competitive compensation that will depend on your experience and location
- Ability to make a huge impact with the Ethereum merge to Proof of Stake
- Opportunities for paid travel with the team to Ethereum-related conferences
Apply today via the link below!
DO NOT APPLY ON ANGEL LIST
To apply, please follow these steps via the link below:
- Submit your resume and a brief (less than one page) introductory letter explaining your qualifications
- Attach any relevant links if you'd like, e.g. Github, personal website, etc.
Ethereum Foundation focuses on Cryptocurrency and Blockchains. Their company has offices in Remote. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees.
You can view their website at https://ethereum.org/ or find them on Twitter and LinkedIn.