Director, Program Finance and Pricing (R2460)
San Diego Metro Area / Dallas Metro Area / Washington DC Metro Area
Finance Division – Finance /
Full Time Employee
Apply for this job
Introduction to Shield AI
Founded in 2015, Shield AI is a venture-backed defense technology company whose mission is to protect service members and civilians with intelligent systems. In pursuit of this mission, Shield AI is building the world’s best AI pilot. Its AI pilot, Hivemind, has flown a fighter jet (F-16), a vertical takeoff and landing drone (V-BAT), and a quadcopter (Nova). The company has offices in San Diego, Dallas, Washington DC and abroad. Shield AI’s products and people are currently in the field actively supporting operations with the U.S. Department of Defense and U.S. allies.
Are you an experienced Finance leader in the A&D industry with a desire to be a part of a vision that extends beyond the current quarter? Are you eager to apply your expertise in a company that is changing the defense landscape? Do you want to work among collaborative, mission-driven and values-focused colleagues? Shield AI is the place for you!
As the Director of Program Finance and Pricing, you will lead a team of 5 in support of program execution and pricing proposals to existing and prospective customers. You will lead the engagement with the program management team to support the execution of our projects to forecast and achieve the desired financial outcomes. You will also shape the activities of the pricing organization in coordination with our growth team to position SAI to win!
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Advise the Program Management and Growth leadership on all financial matters, build collaborative relationship to enable all parties to succeed financially as we execute.
- Mature the processes, policies, templates, and tools used in program finance and pricing
- Establish methods of executing assigned areas that enable sustainable growth (continuous improvement model)
- Contribute to the success of the broader finance organization (Accounting, Operations Finance, FP&A) by leading cross-functional improvements
- Build on existing framework to ensure programs achieve Orders, Revenue, EBITDA, Cash goals. Build upon existing process to ensure new bids contain viable business case modeling & analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 10 years of related experience.
- 5 or more years of Aerospace & Defense industry experience
- Experience with some or all of these areas: Financial Planning & Analysis, Program Controls, Pricing, Earned Value Management, Budgets & Rates, ERP transitions
- Located in Dallas (Frisco), DC (Arlington), or San Diego
- Experience in a rapidly growing company or with integration post M&A
- Provided financial support to a Manufacturing and/or software focused business
- Demonstrated skillset in pricing non-conventional USG procurements and modeling associated business case.
- Working knowledge of accounting, demonstrated ability to lead projects that blur the lines between program finance and other financial functions
$139,080 - $191,784 a year
Total package details:
Regular employee positions: Salary within range listed above + Bonus + Benefits + Equity (if applicable)
Temporary employee positions: Hourly within range listed above + temporary benefits package (applicable after 60 days of employment)
*Interns/Military Fellows/Part-time not eligible for bonus, benefits or equity
Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, licenses and certifications, and specific work location. All offers are contingent on a cleared background check.
If you're interested in being part of our team, apply now!
Shield AI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Apply for this job
Cover Letter / AI Interview⬇