As an Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for the delivery of our custom Software Defined Radios. As a team leader you will oversee cradle to grave hardware development: architecture definition, board design, testing, and qualification.
- An individual who has built and overseen the entire design cycle of FPGA based software defined radios for GEO space telecommunications satellites
- Proven record of delivering custom designed hardware that spans the entire range of signal chain design, integration of FPGAs with high speed data converters, custom power and clocking solutions, and supporting RTL development
- Experience with design and analysis of payloads for satellite communications, including radiation effects within FPGA based systems or highly complex digital devices
- History of leading small teams and mentoring employees, strong communication skills, and ability to make high impact decisions under uncertainty.
- Lead and develop a team of electrical engineers to design industry shattering software defined radios capable of running complex signal processing algorithms in space!
- Oversee and manage design workflows for highly complex PCBAs with integrated compute, high speed I/O, data converters, and power distribution.
- Architect ultra high-speed mixed signal systems to achieve the most efficient and flexible communications payloads, integrating them with the rest of the spacecraft
- Ensure competitiveness through continuous technical innovation and industry expertise
- B.S. or higher in electrical or computer engineering, or similar technical degree
- 8+ years of professional experience in mixed-signal and high-speed digital hardware design. Examples include FPGAs, high speed data converters, SerDes and high speed serial links, networking, JESD204C
- 8+ years of PCB-level experience designing hardware from concept through production (schematic capture, layout, bring-up, characterization, etc)
- Proven leadership through project management, mentorship, and people management experience
- A passion for hardware development, including working in a fast-paced environment and hands-on design
- Strong background in mixed signal system performance measurement, design validation, and debugging (EVM testing, spur analysis, multi-carrier measurements, etc)
- Experience simulating high speed digital protocols using Ansys SIwave, Keysight ADS, or similar tools
- Experience with Altium or similar EDA tools for high-density PCB design
- Strong background in digital communications theory and measurement of radio nonidealities (HD, IMD, IQ imbalance, gain ripple, group delay distortion, etc)
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMzQuMjI5LjYzLjI4M
This job is closed
Compensation: $98k - $180k *
Location: CA San Francisco, California, United States
This job is closed
Receive similar jobs: