Engineering Lead, Core Experience
Complexity and Impact of Work:
- Lead a team of Managers and seasoned Engineers and take responsibility for their quality of execution, timeliness of delivery, impact and personal and professional growth.
- Be a mentor and advisor, providing coaching and feedback which levels up all of those on your team.
- Take ownership over the quality of execution, timeliness of delivery, processes, impact and personal and professional growth for a single team.
- Work closely with Product Managers to define investment in our products, ensuring harmony between our product plans, the bandwidth of the team, the realities of the technical landscape and your plans for the growth and structure of the team.
Communication and Influence:
- Focus on and prioritize the health, happiness, personal/professional progression of every member on your team.
- Work with other engineering managers, product management, people/recruiting, and the rest of engineering to drive team growth, retention, and hiring moving forward.
- Have a material influence on not only what Anchorage builds, but who builds it, taking ownership for the growth planning, recruiting and performance management of a team of Engineers.
You may be a fit for this role, if you have:
- Have demonstrated experience managing, mentoring, and growing a geographically distributed team.
- Have real world experience building complex distributed systems. We mostly use Go, however languages can be learned. We really care about your engineering and leadership skills more than any specific language or framework.
- Enjoy building services from scratch and supporting them over a meaningful period of time.
- Experience in building Platforms that go both from 0 to 1 and 1 to 2.0.
- Genuinely care about code quality and test infrastructure.
- Prioritize end-user experience and business value over “cool tech.”
- Self describe as some combination of the following: creative, humble, ambitious, detail oriented, hard working, trustworthy, eager to learn, methodical, action oriented, and tenacious.
Although not a requirement, bonus points if:
- You have experience with applied cryptography.
- In your mind the word “crypto” stands for cryptography, not cryptocurrency.
- You read blockchain protocol white papers for fun, and stay up to date with the proliferation of Cryptoasset innovations.
- You have a background in the finance industry.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RNDQuMjEyLjk0LjE4M