Engineering Lead, Platform
Complexity and Impact of Work:
- You lead a team of Engineers and take responsibility for their quality of execution, timeliness of delivery, impact, and growth.
- Be a mentor and advisor, providing coaching and feedback which levels up all those on your team.
- Take ownership over the quality of execution, timeliness of delivery, processes, impact and personal and professional growth for a single team.
- Be the Product Manager for the team to define what investments in our infrastructure should be made, ensuring harmony between our product plans, the bandwidth of the team, the realities of the technical landscape and your plans for the growth and structure of the team.
Communication and Influence
- Focus on and prioritize the health, happiness, personal/professional progression of every member on your team.
- Work with other engineering managers, product management, people/recruiting, and the rest of engineering to drive team growth, retention, and hiring moving forward.
- Have a material influence on not only what Anchorage builds, but who builds it, taking ownership for the growth planning, recruiting and performance management of a team of Engineers.
You may be a fit for this role, if you have:
- You have demonstrated experience managing, mentoring, and growing a geographically distributed team.
- You have real world experience building complex distributed systems. We mostly use Go, however languages can be learned. We really care about your engineering and management skills more than any specific language or framework.
- You enjoy building services from scratch and supporting them over a meaningful period of time.
- You genuinely care about code quality and test infrastructure.
- You prioritize end-user experience and business value over “cool tech.”
- You have developed “computer science fundamentals”, i.e. concurrency, algorithms, and data structures (Formal CS degree NOT required).
- You self describe as some combination of the following: creative, humble, ambitious, detail oriented, hard working, trustworthy, eager to learn, methodical, action oriented, and tenacious.
Although not a requirement, bonus points if:
- You have experience with applied cryptography.
- In your mind the word “crypto” stands for cryptography, not cryptocurrency.
- You read blockchain protocol white papers for fun, and stay up to date with the proliferation of cryptoasset innovations.
- You have a background in the finance industry.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMy4yMzkuMi4xOTIM