BitGo is the leader in digital asset financial services, providing institutional investors with custody liquidity, and security solutions. Active in both centralized and decentralized finance, BitGo offers market leading trading, lending, and borrowing services through its prime brokerage services and acts as the custodian for WBTC, with more than $10 billion in custody and circulation. In 2020, BitGo launched BitGo Portfolio and Tax, providing clients with a full-stack solution for digital assets. In 2018, it launched BitGo Trust Company, the first qualified custodian purpose-built for storing digital assets. BitGo processes approximately 20% of all global Bitcoin transactions, and supports over 600 coins and tokens. BitGo’s customer base includes the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchanges and institutional investors and spans more than 50 countries. BitGo is backed by Goldman Sachs, Craft Ventures, Digital Currency Group, DRW, Galaxy Digital Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, and Valor Equity Partners.
BitGo is looking for an experienced Engineering Manager for our Bitcoin team to build the leading and most comprehensive enterprise wallet for Bitcoin.
- Be accountable for the success of Bitcoin and UTXO initiatives at BitGo
- Collaborate with Product, Marketing, Sales, and other key stakeholders to set the product and technical vision and roadmap for the Bitcoin team, and to successfully execute against the same
- Coach engineers to grow the next generation of senior technical leaders at BitGo
- Actively foster a team culture that embodies our values of open communication, collaboration, accountability, craftsmanship, and a client first approach
Required Skills & Experience:
- 8+ years of professional experience as a software engineer, 1½+ years in an official engineering manager role leading engineers
- Excellent understanding of the underlying technology for blockchains generally and UTXO blockchains specifically
- Strong engineering design skills
- Proven success delivering products and features on time
- Proven understanding of business goals and strategy and how that drives direction within an engineering department
- Demonstrated history of collaborating with Product on setting the product roadmap for a team
- Engineering degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Desired Skills & Experience (nice to have):
- Active contributor and thought leader in the Bitcoin community
- Strong pulse on the latest trends in Bitcoin
- Experience as an EM in a 150+ person engineering team
Why Join BitGo?
Disrupting an industry takes vision, innovation, passion, technical chops, drive to deliver, collaboration, and execution. Join a team of great people who strive for excellence and personify our corporate values of open communication, collaboration, accountability, craftsmanship, and a client first approach. We are looking for new colleagues who bring innovative ways of thinking and problem solving, and who want to be part of the team that changes the world’s financial markets.
Here are some of the benefits* of working at BitGo:
- Competitive base salary, bonus and stock options
- 100% company paid health insurance for employee, partner and dependents
- 4% 401k company match
- Paid parental leave, paid vacation
- Free commute and parking pass; 5 min from Caltrain
- Free custom lunches, dinners and snacks
- Computer equipment and workplace furniture to suit your needs
- Great colleagues and inspiring startup environment
*Benefits vary based on location
Cryptocurrencies are the most disruptive change the financial services industry has seen in years. Join us and you’ll be able to look back and say you were part of the team that transformed investing.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMy4yMzguMTgwLjE3NAM
This job is closed
Compensation: $98k - $180k *
Location: CA Palo Alto, California, United States
This job is closed
Benefits: 401k, Medical Insurance
Receive similar jobs: