Talos: Institutional Fabric for Digital Asset Markets
Founded in 2018, Talos provides institutional-grade trading technology for global digital asset market participants, powering many of the major players in the digital asset ecosystem.
We are a tight-knit but decentralized team of highly-experienced engineers and businesspeople. We are a remote-friendly work environment, plus physical hubs in New York, Singapore, London, and Sweden.
Weâre Hiring: Engineering Manager (EMEA)
Talos operates at the intersection of crypto and capital markets. We build high-performance reactive systems and deliver solutions quickly to keep pace with the changing digital assets space. As an Engineering Manager at Talos, youâll lead teams to develop Talosâs backend and frontend trading and settlement platform. Our platform is built from scratch to handle the unique challenges of the digital assets market. Responsibilities include line/people management, career building, training, staff growth and development, hiring, coaching, designing and building order routing algorithms, connecting to liquidity providers, building position management and risk systems and performance tuning.
We look for engineers/managers that can take responsibility for ownership of the full development lifecycle, all the way from product, design, and implementation, to testing, deployment and monitoring. Our team is made up of frontend, backend, and data engineers that know building great systems takes time, and we spend time on non-functional requirements like safety, security, testing/quality assurance, and performance. We value strong communication skills and the ability to get things done in a collaborative environment. Experience building trading systems for traditional markets is preferred.
Join us in this unique opportunity to build the company and infrastructure that powers this emerging asset class.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Drive technical projects and be responsible for the planning and delivery of the project
- Manage development teams, including coaching, career and performance management
- Measure and improve the software development lifecycle to improve the overall productivity of the development organization, including evolving reporting, tooling, team structure
- Work with product, business, and technical leads to help Talos build the best trading platform
- Be part of the Engineering governance team and proactively improve engineering across all of Talos and be accountable for delivering direct business impact
- Build the team by leading on recruiting, growing and retaining a top tier talent
- Experience managing high caliber development teams, including performance management, feedback, coaching, etc.
- A track record of delivering complex technical projects, preferably in finance or trading
- Strong project management and organizational skills required
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong technical and coding background with experience of being an individual contributor
- Location: Either NYC or LON based, limited remote work