Status is building the tools and infrastructure for the advancement of a secure, private, and open web3.
With the high level goals of preserving the right to privacy, mitigating the risk of censorship, and promoting economic trade in a transparent, open manner, Status is building a community where anyone is welcome to join and contribute.
As an organization, Status seeks to push the web3 ecosystem forward through research, creation of developer tools, and support of the open source community.
As a product, Status is an open source, Ethereum-based app that gives users the power to chat, transact, and access a revolutionary world of DApps on the decentralized web. But Status is also building foundational infrastructure for the whole Ethereum ecosystem, including the Nimbus ETH 1.0 and 2.0 clients, the Keycard hardware wallet, and the Waku messaging protocol (a continuation of Whisper).
As a team, Status has been completely distributed since inception. Our team is currently 150+ core contributors strong, and welcomes a growing number of community members from all walks of life, scattered all around the globe.
We care deeply about open source, and our organizational structure has minimal hierarchy and no fixed work hours. We believe in working with a high degree of autonomy while supporting the organization's priorities.
<div class="careers-block__trix external-panel text-left">
- Manage event and speaker logistics to ensure requirements are met, including venue selection, vendor management, on-site staffing, contract negotiations, sponsors and partners
- Oversee event budgets and ensure expenses stay within constraints
- Ensure smooth event operations, troubleshoot issues, and provide post-event analysis for continuous improvement
- Curate compelling event programs with internal teams, industry experts, and community leaders for a unique type of event experience
- Continuously monitor industry trends, competitor events, and emerging technologies in the crypto space. Maintain a deep understanding of market dynamics and adjust event strategies accordingly.
You ideally will have
- Proven Event Management Experience: Minimum 3-5 years of experience in planning and executing large-scale events, preferably in the technology, or crypto industry
- Crypto and Blockchain knowledge and experience: Strong understanding of cryptocurrencies and the broader crypto ecosystem, understanding of grassroots, privacy and political movement events
- Exceptional Organizational and Project Management skills: Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and adapt to changing circumstances
- Stakeholder Management: Strong network of key people in the industry. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively with internal teams, external partners, sponsors, and high-profile industry professionals
- Creativity and Innovation: Demonstrated ability to conceptualize unique event experiences, incorporate cutting-edge technologies, and deliver engaging content for diverse audiences.
- Comfortable working remotely and asynchronously
- Experience working for an open source organisation
- Bachelor's degree in Event Management, Marketing, or related field.
The expected compensation range for this role is $60,000 - $75,000 (negotiable, dependent on how we assess your skills and experience throughout our interview process). We are happy to pay in any mix of fiat/crypto.
- Interview with Angel from our Talent team
- Interview with Al, Communication & Activism Director, Communications team
- Interview with Santiago, Activist Campaign Director, Communications team
- Compensated Task
The steps may change along the way if we see it makes sense to adapt the interview stages, so please consider the above as a guideline.
Get to know us:
We care deeply about open source software, and our organizational structure does away with a strict hierarchy and fixed work hours. We believe in working with a high degree of autonomy while supporting the organisation's priorities.
- We are Remote and Decentralized.
- We are 150+ employees spread across 30+ different countries
- We are driven by sharedprinciples and believe in complete transparency. That's why everything we do is completely public to the entire community.