Whatnot is a livestream shopping platform and marketplace backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Y Combinator, and CapitalG. We’re building the future of ecommerce, bringing together community, shopping and entertainment. We are committed to our values, whether working remotely or from one of our offices. We are building a team that hasexperience from top tech, retail and payments platforms in the world.
We’re innovating in the fast-paced world of live auctions in categories including sports, fashion, video games, and streetwear. The platform couples rigorous seller vetting with a focus on community to create a welcoming space for buyers and sellers to share their passions with others.
And, we’re growing. Whatnot has been the fastest growing marketplace in the US over the past two years and we’re hiring forward-thinking problem solvers across all functional areas.
📈 Opportunity Size
Retail disruption is one of the largest opportunities in the startup space today. Livestream shopping is taking off around the world –a $300B GMV market in China that’s grown 100% YoY. Whatnot is bringing it to the world through a community-first approach, starting in the U.S. where retail is a $5T market opportunity!
🏎 About the Go-to-Market Team
The Go-to-Market team at Whatnot is responsible for the expansion of our category suite and the continued growth of sellers and buyers on the platform. As a General Manager, you’ll be responsible for fully owning a business unit and leading a partnerships and marketing team to ensure the success of your category on Whatnot.
- Hire and develop a team of strong Partnerships Managers and Marketing Managers across multiple product categories
- Define and monitor key success metrics in the category and ensure there’s sufficient liquidity for a healthy ecosystem
- Develop a tiered strategy for partnerships; focusing on a handful of high impact, bespoke executions while maintaining a consistent stream of scalable solutions and opportunities
- Lead multiple acquisition strategies while effectively tracking, analyzing and iterating upon the results
- Lead thinking and analysis to help us better understand buyer/seller needs and competitive landscapes across multiple categories
- You have 8+ years of experience working in partnerships and marketing
- Fluent German and English speaker, and familiarity with the DACH market
- This role will be remote from the UK, so must be living in the UK or open to relocation.
- Experience at a high-growth startup, marketplace, or creator-focused platform is a plus
- You are an extraordinary leader with experience hiring, managing, and developing a team
- You are scrappy and flexible enough to work in a fast-paced startup environment with ambiguity and limited guidance
- You are deeply analytical and comfortable understanding and manipulating data to gain and take action on business insights
- You have experience working on a marketplace or two-sided platform where you’ve had to balance the needs of multiple parties
🙏 Nice to Have
- Experience with developing internal policies and processes for a new and fast-growing business
- Proficiency in SQL
- Passion for creator communities, existing product categories on Whatnot, and/or new verticals that are uniquely suited for live e-commerce
- Experience buying and selling in online marketplaces
- Competitive base salary and stock options
- Unlimited Vacation Policy and Company-wide Holidays (including a spring and winter break)
- Medical/Dental/Vision (Supplementary Private Health)
- Food, Wellness, and Remote Work allowance
- Ireland: Pension, 11.05%
- UK: Pension, 3% / Social Security, 15.05%
- Flexible PTO
- Parental Leave
- 16 weeks + one month gradual return to work
Whatnot is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, parental status, disability status, or any other status protected by local law. We believe that our work is better and our company culture is improved when we encourage, support, and respect the different skills and experiences represented within our workforce.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RNDQuMjEyLjk0LjE4M
This job is closed
Location: ENG London, England, United Kingdom
This job is closed
Benefits: Pto, 401k, Vision Insurance, Dental Insurance, Medical Insurance, Unlimited Vacation
Receive similar jobs: